Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Feature images

Options
  • 06-06-2012 1:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi! I transfered from a blogspot blog to self-hosted and I'm having trouble getting images to display on the transfered posts like in the pic below.example.jpg

I know that I have to have the pics in wordpress gallery to show and I've done that. Sometimes it works sometimes not:( I don't know if its the theme I'm using or what. If anyone has advice it would be brilliant! Thank you, sarah
    www.brightnessproject.com
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Hi Sarah,

on this page — http://brightnessproject.com/category/blogging/

One image is showing & the others aren't; all these posts are from 2011, so presume that they're all imported. & the image that is shown is at http://brightnessproject.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/pinterest.png

In that same folder (/wp-content/uplodas/2011/) can you see the other images that are meant to be on the other posts? When you're editing in the CMS, can you see the images attached to the post?

The HTML generated doesn't have an image outputted for these, so it's hard to tell the reason why. I'm presuming the theme is checking for the image, not finding it & so doesn't even output the image tag.

Can you do a 'spot the difference' between these posts (that are all 2011) to see if there's anything unique about the ones that don't work. Could be they have the images attached in a different way, stored in a different folder etc.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

You definately have broken links to various images. See here for example. You should have a goal1.jpg in your wp-content/uploads/2012/01 folder. If it is missing there is your issue, if it's there I would check and see if the img.php file is the culprit (although it works fine for the other images, it may have a "feature" preventing some from loading).
    Edit: Also make sure it is not a permissions issue. You may need to set all your image folders to a less restricted permissions setting, I would advise CHMOD 755 for the images folder and sub folders, but be aware this may be a security risk, see here

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 30 ZippyDee

Thanks very much:) I'll follow all your advice:) I had no idea what to do so brilliant:D Sarah

Advertisement