Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not good news for atlantic...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,808 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

They are restructuring. They will reduce costs through the examinership by getting the rents reduced to market rents. They will also close some stores. Xtra-Vision did something similar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

too many big boys in a small market.........not surprised really absolutely useless when it comes to customer service, asked a store manager for a scriber and he didn't know what it was

reckon Wickes will follow suit, nearly always empty when ever i go in

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They are restructuring. They will reduce costs through the examinership by getting the rents reduced to market rents. They will also close some stores. Xtra-Vision did something similar.

How can they get rents reduced through examinership??

Surely its the landlord or letter themselves who has the say on that particular matter.

Woodies are bigger than Atlantic and stock more products than Atlantic too,even though both companies are more or less the exact same.

Atlantic will be let go completely,if Woodies start to get into difficulty too.

I have to agree on customer service,its more or less a joke.

Both companies also need to up their game on things like the gardening sections and gardening products,they are falling behind to the likes of B&Q on matters like this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

paddy147 wrote: »
    How can they get rents reduced through examinership??

Surely its the landlord or letter themselves who has the say on that particular matter.

Woodies are bigger than Atlantic and stock more products than Atlantic too,even though both companies are more or less the exact same.

Atlantic will be let go completely,if Woodies start to get into difficulty too.

I have to agree on customer service,its more or less a joke.

Both companies also need to up their game on things like the gardening sections and gardening products,they are falling behind to the likes of B&Q on matters like this.

They appear to be trying to change woodies more into a lifestyle type shop rather than a hardware store, apparently hardware sales are down 16% on last year.

Both athlantic and woodies are owned by the grafton group along with chadwicks. It looks like the stores they want to keep will transfer to the woodies brand and the others will be let go.

The examples of this are:-
    1) Athlantic in blanch is now woodies and has been expanded by 50%, but the hardware products are now less than 20% of the over all store.
    2) Chadwicks in glasnevin is gone, woodies has been extended by a good 33% into the old chawicks building.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

They appear to be trying to change woodies more into a lifestyle type shop rather than a hardware store, apparently hardware sales are down 16% on last year.

Both athlantic and woodies are owned by the grafton group along with chadwicks. It looks like the stores they want to keep will transfer to the woodies brand and the others will be let go.

The examples of this are:-
    1) Athlantic in blanch is now woodies and has been expanded by 50%, but the hardware products are now less than 20% of the over all store.
    2) Chadwicks in glasnevin is gone, woodies has been extended by a good 33% into the old chawicks building.

Must admit,I was and am impressed with how Woodies have moved/extended into Chadwicks old building in Glasnevin.

Its well laid out I must admit.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,381 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

paddy147 wrote: »
    Must admit,I was and am impressed with how Woodies have moved/extended into Chadwicks old building in Glasnevin.

Its well laid out I must admit.:)

Yea they are very big stores, but they seem to be sparsely stocked, but this is the way woodies / Atlantic was always.

Advertisement