Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite Character (Season 1/2)

• 06-06-2012 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, said i'd put up a poll to see which character is the favourite amongst posters here. Obviously it's impossible to include everyone but i've tried to include as many as possible. Please not that this should be based on what has been seen in the first 2 seasons of the TV series only. ie. We don't want to know that X is your favourite character because of something done in book 3. Thanks:)

Your Favourite Character 345 votes

Ned Stark
    0%
    Robert Baratheon
    4%
    bjj-fighterel dudeancapailldorchaIIIAcHmEdIIINemanja91Cokeistandonfersbigben121weatherfishkksaintsclashburkemoltisantimad turnipArtful_Badger 14 votes
    Jaime Lannister
    0%
    jArgHARelikkbeardedmaster 3 votes
    Catelyn Stark
    2%
    xtal191Woddlehotshots85thehairyoneMister-M5K4tpodgemonsterShlippery 8 votes
    Cersei Lannister
    0%
    Daenerys Targaryen
    0%
    Kiwi_knock 1 vote
    Jorah Mormont
    5%
    FenixT-b0n3555guyTrek2006MetamorphisistatabubblyrmchmufcIron Hidesportfanaticjoemcg18Duckworth_LuasBananaRBad PandaGeneral RelativityDestructiveApeChancer3001Dolly95Quiet Girl 18 votes
    Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
    1%
    Mickeroorazorbluntgolfball37purplepapillonDubhlinner 5 votes
    Jon Snow
    1%
    RaphaelqzjebidiahElmidena 4 votes
    Sansa Stark
    5%
    MakaveliBeruthielFuzzy_Dunlopcatch--22DvBkatharinewheelmissmawEinhardBluesBerryTurtyturdMarcia LustleyblackwaveTemptamperuNiallFHPhlegmyMosesIcarus WingsAllWasWellispithotfirePeregrine 19 votes
    Arya Stark
    0%
    Robb Stark
    15%
    astrofoolfenrisSleepygeeceeCinapwwilliaNewaglishGrudairestesaurusjohnnysmackProwetodtimmaiiNiall09shockwaveJohnny BitteFreudianSlippersDozen Wicked Wordsrobby^5HomerSLuckyCharms 53 votes
    Theon Greyjoy
    0%
    backinexileDonnielightoTopOfTheRight 3 votes
    Joffrey Baratheon
    1%
    BogoebHype710Owryanirish sonManning3000 6 votes
    Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
    0%
    DercolaTheKeenMachine 2 votes
    Tyrion Lannister
    2%
    [Deleted User][Deleted User]Sgt Hartmanniallk[Deleted User]DegagOranage2toodleytooSuckfisher 9 votes
    Khal Drogo
    37%
    mewsounkelDempseygeniepickarooneyfitzAL][ENgimmickstevenmuthe_barfly1MyPeopleDrankTheSoupsparkthatbledquad_redRoarcadeaCatInABox[Deleted User]jonesMezcitactrl-alt-delete 131 votes
    Tywin Lannister
    1%
    giddybootzgoddevilastonaidanDaveSuarezsadieswaytonyduggan 6 votes
    Bronn
    3%
    lynskiHippokrudlerDancorNiskalivinginkoreagenericguygeekykevohmsfordGbearThe Browsersos89 12 votes
    Lord Varys
    5%
    jarainconnemara manPaparazzoeyeball kidSchismfitz0pauldooceegee[Deleted User]TechnoPoolSkylineheadsuomistiffler123riceroTrixIrlcoppercatCiaran0Cienciano 18 votes
    Syrio Forel
    1%
    Pepe LeFritskrochfordKeoggOptimalprimerib 4 votes
    Davos Seaworth
    0%
    ziedthTimeToShinekalych 3 votes
    Stannis Baratheon
    0%
    jethro081Ambient Occlusion 2 votes
    Jaqen H'ghar
    1%
    gandalfMr FreezeIK09Reekwindpat25c 5 votes
    Other (Please State)
    5%
    lordgoatA-TrakbreadmonkeyTristramnyarlothothepFunglegunkDeeper BlueHandsome BobWashington IrvingNamlubSirDelboy18richieffffkilnamanaghElohimMiprocinrkeano5Rocky MarcianoRGIIILiamalone 19 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Robb Stark
    Posting before I vote myself but something tells me Tyrion is going to walk this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,749 ✭✭✭golfball37

If anyone votes for Theon they should surely be banned !

Some great characters in it, Arya, Tyrion, Varys, Baelish, Tywin & Jaqhar worthy of winning this imo. I went for Ser Jorah, something about him I find fascinating. He's not as interesting as the others but I'm dying to know what motivates him and as a result I like his scenes.

PS- Anyone else think the actor is the voice of the Blackberry ad on Sky Atlantic?

Robb Stark
    If I'd read the series before I became a father, my daughter would probably be called Arya...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Was close for me between Bronn, Jorah Mormont and Tyrion (oh and syrio of course). Went with Ser Jorah in the end, he's just so damn honourable, he's like a samurai.

Robb Stark
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Was close for me between Bronn, Jorah Mormont and Tyrion (oh and syrio of course). Went with Ser Jorah in the end, he's just so damn honourable, he's like a samurai.

Jorah honourable? Do you remember why he's in Esteros? Pretty certain it was explained in the series...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Jon Snow
    I voted for Baelish

I really love how Aiden Gillen has played him. oily and slimy and detestable with a streak of pure murder about him

He has really made me despise him as a person, but love him as a character!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Sleepy wrote: »
    Jorah honourable? Do you remember why he's in Esteros? Pretty certain it was explained in the series...

Yea I know he was originally a spy for Varys, but I think he's more than redeemed himself now. I didn't see the whole slave thing as that big of a deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Tyrion Lannister
    golfball37 wrote: »

Some great characters in it, Arya, Tyrion, Varys, Baelish, Tywin & Jaqhar worthy of winning this imo. I went for Ser Jorah, something about him I find fascinating. He's not as interesting as the others but I'm dying to know what motivates him and as a result I like his scenes.

PS- Anyone else think the actor is the voice of the Blackberry ad on Sky Atlantic?

Had the same dilemma tbh. Some great characters such as Jorah, Arya, Tyrion, Jaqhar, Bronn etc etc but i voted for the Hound. Loved most of his scenes in the latter part of the series. i think there is a lot more to him that just a killing machine and he has genuine affection for Sansa. Intrigued by what he will do next and hope he doesn't fade into obscurity in the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Catelyn Stark
    Bran should be on that list before half of the ones listed...

Regardless, I went for the Kingslayer, something about his witty comebacks, acts of incest and throwing kids out of windows that appeals to me. The guy oozes overconfidence and pride despite being labelled as an oathbreaker. Its like he knows he's díckhead but doesn't care.

Protrayed exceptional well by Coster-Waldau, has some great sharp dialogue that can cut a character with his words just as much as his sword. The "odd couple" scenes between him and Brienne were a nice touch of humour to the shows other harsh stories.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Other (Please State)
    A man voted for Jaqen H'ghar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Sansa Stark
    Tyrion, Arya and Jon Snow are all excellent. Will go for Jon, purely from a book perspective. His character and stroyline has been thinned out quite a bit in the TV show.

Regardless, I went for the Kingslayer, something about his witty comebacks, acts of incest and throwing kids out of windows that appeals to me. The guy oozes overconfidence and pride despite being labelled as an oathbreaker. Its like he knows he's díckhead but doesn't care.

Protrayed exceptional well by Coster-Waldau, has some great sharp dialogue that can cut a character with his words just as much as his sword. The "odd couple" scenes between him and Brienne were a nice touch of humour to the shows other harsh stories.

I think he kind of fancies Brienee, especially after what he saw her do in the last episode :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Catelyn Stark
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think he kind of fancies Brienee, especially after what he saw her do in the last episode :pac:

Oh yeah, you could cut the sexual tension with a Valyrian Steel Sword so ya could.:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 867 ✭✭✭giddybootz

Tywin Lannister
    I have too many favourites so I let my hormones choose for me and went for Drogo!! :o

I love his and Dany's scenes together so much.

My other favourites are Tyrion, Arya, Jon and Ygritte....so far!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bronn
    this season, Tywin, he's just got a magnetic screen presence. overall Arya, loved her scenes with Tywin and with Sirio in the first season, and she's got the best theme tune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Khal Drogo
    In the books, my favourite character was Arya, followed closely behind by Tyrion; in the TV show, Tyrion just edges out Arya, with Tywin not far behind.

I couldn't get into Tywin in the book version; maybe because he was never a POV character, but he certainly excels in the TV version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Lord Varys
    shocked im the only one so far who voted for Bronn

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭geeky

Bronn
    In the TV series, Tywin Lannister is my favourite. Partly that's because they've fleshed him out so much more on screen - we get an insight into his motivations far earlier, and his interaction with Arya was one of the highlights for me. Kinda underwhelmed with Jaime in S2, but he's an excellent character and well-acted too: expect big things in S3!

And all of a sudden I remember Tyrion. And Bronn. God, there's just too many to choose!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Syrio Forel
    No votes for Ned?!

I voted Varys, based on the TV show. I love every scene he's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Robb Stark
    not surprised at all to see Sansa Stark has zero votes!

Tyrion is obviously the best character but I gave my vote to Arya.. She is just brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭Ambient Occlusion

Stannis Baratheon
    Dunno why but I also love
    Tormund Giantsbane
    , seems like a decent enough man.

Nevermind, read the title again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,800 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

Robb Stark
    Funglegunk wrote: »

A man would agree... if he had as many scenes as a girl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Davos Seaworth
    I went for Syiro in the end but it could just as easily went to Tyrion, Bronn,Drogo or the hound.

Syiro had a brilliant "Death" and some amazing lines.

Tyrion will rightly run away with this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Khal Drogo
    I voted Tyrion but Jorah was a close second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Jaqen H'ghar
    I voted based on season 2 and it was for Stannis. Stephen Dillane has been excellent in the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,881 ✭✭✭TimeToShine

Davos Seaworth
    went for Syrio, he's just such a god damn badass in the tv show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Other (Please State)
    Funglegunk wrote: »

A man would agree... if he had as many scenes as a girl

I knew from the first time Arya encountered him that he'd figure bigstyle, have enjoyed watching it pan out. Really enjoyed the revelation in ep.10.

A man has voted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Joffrey Baratheon
    We ll i voted for Theon, purely from the journey his character has gone on from the first episode.

He went from being a ward/hostage of the Starks to being like a brother to Robb (Robbs words) . When the wildlings attacked Bran he acted without hesitation and by the time of Robbs rebellion , he was there at Robbs side and appeared to be a trusted ally.

However from the time he was sent to the Iron Islands his cockyness was useless , everything he thought he knew/expected belittled him in his familys eyes .

Everything he done from that point was about regaining what he felt was his rightfull position . He took Winterfell but allowed his men to affect his decisions and effectively lost control.

Right at the very end he tried to stand up and be counted but it was the very men who he was trying to impress who turned on him.

There are better written characters and others who got much more screentime but Theons character had the most emotional/rollercoaster journey IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Sools

It has to be tyrion for me

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 9,030 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Khal Drogo
    What is it about the internet and the desire to be "different" hence me thinking of not voting for Tyrion? Slapped myself and just voted for him. Kudos to you cool kids for voting elsewhere but you know you lie really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Khal Drogo
    golfball37 wrote: »

As a character he's actually one of my favourites. As he said in the season 2 finale, do you know what it would be like to grow up with people telling you how gracious your captors were to you, to build your identity on being a Greyjoy and finding your father has only contempt for you? Trying to make him proud only to find yourself once imprisoned in the same place?

He's a man, a boy, lost. I never found him to be a genuinely bad character, simply a misguided one. I genuinely would love to see Robb have mercy on him and send him to the Wall because his story absolutely feels like it needs a second act, a chance for redemption.

I doubt Robb will be so kind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭kevohmsford

Bronn
    Charles Dance all the way, fantastic actor and plays Tywin Lannister very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 501 ✭✭✭DL Saint

Khal Drogo
    Voted for Tyrion as he has been a consistent favorite over the two seasons.
    If it was solely on season 1 I would have gone for Drogo, Jon Snow or Syrio.
    If it was solely on season 2 I would have gone for Tywin, Jaqen or Bronn.
    Arya has also been a consistent favorite of mine but Tyrion trumps her slightly due to his wit and epic quotes "...we shall sail there at once" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭Degag

Tyrion Lannister

Considering the "Other (Please State)" box has yet to be filled, i wouldn't be too worried.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Robb Stark
    Thought Osha (? Spelling) was great this series, Bran (?) has been great too. Loved the way they highlighted the difference between his decisions and Joffreys. In the end voted for Arya, who has been so watchable in both series so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Khal Drogo
    Tyrion, based on the series, they cut a lot of aryas best bits, much as I love the braavosi I couldn't vote for bit characters like jaquen/sgirio
    So tyrion wins, also having read the books I know
    he gets even more killer lines later on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Tyrion Lannister
    My favourite character from the books would be the Hound. A cruel, tortured and angry soul with a traumatic past. Rory McCann portrays him perfectly in the penultimate episode during
    The Battle of King's Landing, especially the look of utter fear on his face when the flaming soldier was charging at him just before Bronn saved his ass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jaqen H'ghar
    Not many Stannis fans here!

Come on, the Iron Throne is his by right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭maggy_thatcher

Khal Drogo
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Not many Stannis fans here!

Come on, the Iron Throne is his by right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only because the Usurper stole it from Daenerys' father. It really belongs to her :p

Not too many people think she's the favourite either though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Jaqen H'ghar
    Only because the Usurper stole it from Daenerys' father. It really belongs to her :p

Well I have no love for Robert, so I won't challenge you on that one!

Yet I see Robert got a vote, and Ned didn't, shocking stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 614 ✭✭✭beardedmaster

Jaime Lannister
    Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Yet I see Robert got a vote, and Ned didn't, shocking stuff.

Haha, that was me. Greatest warrior ever, muscled like a maiden's fantasy, wielding a massive hammer that Ned doubt he could even lift... then drunken, lecherous party-animal lout, spending is time eating, drinking and whoring! What's not to love?! :P

Fantastic warrior.. awful king..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Khal Drogo
    He was a good king in that he was no tyrant and brought years of peace and stability to Westeros, he just had little interest in the minutia of rule and let his council deal with all but the most serious decisions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Khal Drogo
    I voted Tyrion too, as well as being a brilliant character of which there are many he has been involved in such a wide variety of situations throughout the story so far it has kept him interesting compared to someone like Sansa. I haven't read the books but I reckon this will become a harder and harder choice after each passing season.

Tyrion Lannister
    I will always be biased towards the Hound. He's been my favourite since I first read A Game of Thrones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Lord Varys
    Serious lack of Bronn love here.

Tyrion: The Eyrie. They say it's impregnable.
    Bronn: Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch.
    Tyrion: I like you.

I like you too, Bronn :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Other (Please State)
    Serious lack of Bronn love here.

Tyrion: The Eyrie. They say it's impregnable.
    Bronn: Give me ten good men and some climbing spikes. I'll impregnate the bitch.
    Tyrion: I like you.

I like you too, Bronn :cool:

There's no cure for being a ****! Such a line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

Khal Drogo
    We should do a thread for best line, bronn would be a serious contender but yorren is up there too

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Hodor, obviously.
    The philosopher warrior who poses as a gentle simpleton before claiming his rightful throne as king beyond the wall

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Other (Please State)
    Hodor, ]

Hodor, Hodor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Bronn
    Hodor, obviously.
    The philosopher warrior who poses as a gentle simpleton before claiming his rightful throne as king beyond the wall

should mention thats a book spoiler if it is

• Advertisement
Advertisement