Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your Favourite Character (Season 1/2)

Comments

Tyrion Lannister
    krudler wrote: »
    should mention thats a book spoiler if it is

It's a joke :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,182 ✭✭✭nyarlothothep

Other (Please State)
    No vote for Joffrey? Not even a windup vote?? I voted for Jaqen H'ghar although Tywin Lannister was really good in season 2, a stern but fair leader and a brilliant military commander, definately one of the most formidable power players in the series. He reminds me of a college supervisor I had who looked just like him too. That said Tyrion would be my all round favourite character.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭Syferus

Khal Drogo
    Brilliant? He's been pummelled into the ground by Robb this season and if Loras wasn't emo about Renlys' death Tywin and his family might as well have started making travel arrangements to Pentos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

Khal Drogo
    Voted for the dwarf cos he's the best character, but the best acting belongs to Dance as Tywin Lannister. Stannis and the hound are both compelling on screen too.

Gota love Osha too, hope theirs more of her in S3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Tilly818

Robb Stark
    Arya all the way i love her. It shows that strength in a charactor doesn't not have to be portrayed by a male or a female but by a child!!!! :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Robb Stark
    tommy2bad wrote: »
    Voted for the dwarf cos he's the best character, but the best acting belongs to Dance as Tywin Lannister. Stannis and the hound are both compelling on screen too.

Gota love Osha too, hope theirs more of her in S3.

Yeah, shes an excellent character, George R.R. Martin said when he wrote her she wasn't a very interesting a character and said she was much better in the TV series. Don't know if that means she wont feature much in series 3 though (haven't read the books).

Tyrion Lannister
    Joffrey may be getting f-all votes, but Jack Gleeson's acting is top notch and people's hatred of the character show how much of a good job he's done with the character.
    Sandor, Tyrion, Arya, Tywin and Roose were all very well portrayed too.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NiallFH

Sansa Stark
    Joffrey may be getting f-all votes, but Jack Gleeson's acting is top notch and people's hatred of the character show how much of a good job he's done with the character.

Would agree with that, he is fantastic at the role.

Voted Jon Snow and I really have no idea why, Tyrion would be my favourite (Another actor who has done a brilliant job here also)

See a lot of Arya votes, not a fan of hers at all if I'm honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Robb Stark
    Sandor, Tyrion, Arya, Tywin and Roose were all very well portrayed too.
    GRRM's comment to him was along the lines of "You've done brilliantly. Everyone hates you". :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭suomi

Lord Varys
    I voted Bronn. He doesn't talk much but when he does, it's always very funny. Also, I think he's strangely charismatic. :p Although if I could've voted for two, I would've picked Bronn and Tyrion because their scenes together are brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 914 ✭✭✭DarkDusk

Khal Drogo
    Based on Actors/Actresses:
    Tyrion - Best
    Catelyn - Worst

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Dercola

Sandor "The Hound" Clegane
    Tyrion & Arya are the two stand out characters really. Love every scene that contains either! Honourable mentions to Varys & Littlefinger too.

I gave my vote to poor ol Joff tho. I really hate that little b@stard, and I spend every scene hoping he gets his comeuppance :D
    Job well done for Jack Gleeson I say...

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭Cokeistan

Robert Baratheon
    I liked Ned Stark, thought he was portrayed exactly like the books.

Honourable mentions to Tyrion, Jon, and of course Hodor

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish
    Cokeistan wrote: »
    I liked Ned Stark, thought he was portrayed exactly like the books.

Honourable mentions to Tyrion, Jon, and of course Hodor

Hodor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Other (Please State)
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Hodor?

Hodor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭Son0vagun

Robb Stark
    Hodor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

Catelyn Stark
    Hodor Hodor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Has to be Varys for me....

Always stole the show when on screen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Lord Varys
    Joffery has more votes than Catelyn and Sansa Stark combined! This is "favourite" character, not "best" character! Someone twisted out there! I didn't vote for Tyrion, who is too obvious, so I went for Bronn.

Surely a mod needs to add Shagga, leader of the Stone Crows to the poll?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,433 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Joffery has more votes than Catelyn and Sansa Stark combined! This is "favourite" character, not "best" character! Someone twisted out there! I didn't vote for Tyrion, who is too obvious, so I went for Bronn.

Surely a mod needs to add Shagga, leader of the Stone Crows to the poll?

Catelyn is my least favourite character out of everyone, every bad thing that befalls the Starks has been her fault thus far, freeing Jaime was the last straw for me. Robb should lock her up for good so she can't cause anymore trouble.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Lord Varys
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Catelyn is my least favourite character out of everyone, every bad thing that befalls the Starks has been her fault thus far, freeing Jaime was the last straw for me. Robb should lock her up for good so she can't cause anymore trouble.

Yeah, no surprise her and sansa are bottom tbh. It's like Marge and Lisa in the simpsons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Tyrion Lannister
    Such a great cast with only a few actors that annoy me like the queen, but it has to be because they're so compelling and probably the only actor id watch their scenes several times is Ros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Other (Please State)
    Oranage2 wrote: »
    Such a great cast with only a few actors that annoy me like the queen, but it has to be because they're so compelling and probably the only actor id watch their scenes several times is Ros.
    I wonder why...

Jagen H'ghar tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Jaqen H'ghar
    I've just finished the second series and Stannis Baratheon can only be described as a magnificent bastard. That mix of iron determination, bloody competence, viciousness, (tainted) honour and sheer badass-ry only really came through in the last few episodes. Now I'm disappointed that we didn't see more of him throughout the series

Thankfully the same cannot be said of Tywin Lannister whose duels with Arya were one of the highlights of the series. Charles Dance does that vicious patriarch shtick oh so well

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

Lord Varys
    I didn't give him my vote but I really like Tywin in the show! He's so likeable. I think he's crueller in the books. Charles Dance is fantastic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Khal Drogo
    I had to vote for Tyrion - lets not lie to ourselves, he's clearly the best.

Although honorable mentions to Arya, Jon, Bronn, Jaqen, Osha, Ygritte, Tywin and the Hound...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Bronn
    It's so clearly obvious that it's Tyrion that I said I'd skip him and vote for Tywin.

Charles Dance did a brilliant job.

He's class as the Patrician in the Discworld adaptations as well.

Bronn
    It's so clearly obvious that it's Tyrion that I said I'd skip him and vote for Tywin.

Charles Dance did a brilliant job.

He's class as the Patrician in the Discworld adaptations as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 enter_name

Emmm how come Bran isn't on your list? Second then Tyrion I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 BriBru

I just finished the latest book in the series and decided to post a synopsis of the story so far.
    Have a read and let me know what you think.
    Be warned: Spoiler Alert!!

:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Other (Please State)
    Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Other (Please State)
    BriBru wrote: »
    I just finished the latest book in the series and decided to post a synopsis of the story so far.
    Have a read and let me know what you think.
    Be warned: Spoiler Alert!!

:D

I thought it was very succinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,523 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Khal Drogo
    He'd not be my favourite as he's a minor character, but I'd definitely like to see The Collected Words and Wisdoms of Dolorous Edd Tollett.

He'd not be my favourite as he's a minor character, but I'd definitely like to see The Collected Words and Wisdoms of Dolorous Edd Tollett.

I love Dolorous Edd, when he got
    nominated for lord commander
    was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭AllWasWell

Sansa Stark
    I'd have to give my vote to Jon Snow! But honourable mention to Arya, Tyrion, Cersei, the Hound and Joffrey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Robb Stark
    Dolorous Edd would definitely be my favourite bit character too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CloudIRE

Khal Drogo
    "I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things."
    I choose Tyrion for his delightful wit and his wonderful sense of morality.
    He holds Kings Landing together in the 2nd series and shows his valor in the battle of the black water.
    The chant of "Half Man" is epic. He is the kind of guy who never gets what he deserves but he endures the bad times and thrives as the King's hand.
    Tywin was a close second for me. The Rains of Castamere sums him up.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 joemcg18

Jorah Mormont
    I went with Daenarys, only character i personally want to know(only read 1st book, so opinion might change),

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Other (Please State)
    I think Bronn, Bran, Arya and Tyrion are all excellent. Then's there's the likes of Jaqen and Osha who light up the screen with the little moments they have.

TBH there's few that irritate me in the bad characters/acting stakes, namely Theon and Daenerys.

I think I'll have to break it down to each season. In Season 1 Tyrion would have been my favourite character. In Season 2, it would be a tie between Arya and Osha (who I had to google because her face was so familiar, and it turns out it's the same actress who I have a crush on from her Harry Potter appearances :o :pac:).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,570 ✭✭✭Elmidena

Jon Snow
    I think Bronn, Bran, Arya and Tyrion are all excellent. Then's there's the likes of Jaqen and Osha who light up the screen with the little moments they have.

TBH there's few that irritate me in the bad characters/acting stakes, namely Theon and Daenerys.

I think I'll have to break it down to each season. In Season 1 Tyrion would have been my favourite character. In Season 2, it would be a tie between Arya and Osha (who I had to google because her face was so familiar, and it turns out it's the same actress who I have a crush on from her Harry Potter appearances :o :pac:).
    Hopefully you went to Spraoi in Waterford in that case... she was mingling with the crowds a lot from what I heard!
    552010_478175548874116_1709355894_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭itchy elbows

Khal Drogo
    delighted no one voted for Catelyn Stark, she so annoys me.

Other (Please State)
    Elmidena wrote: »
    Hopefully you went to Spraoi in Waterford in that case... she was mingling with the crowds a lot from what I heard!

Nope, damn. :pac:

Jon Snow

She's the singer of one of the attractions that was at it. Gratuitous bikini top jumps for you :pac:

@Itchy, pretty much the only one who annoys me more than Cat is Sansa, and followed closely by Bran. If Arya had been the lovechild then I could happily dispose of the surviving "real" Starks :P

Other (Please State)
    Not a bad singer, stands out from the crowd anyway. ;)

As for Sansa, I've softened towards her as she's hit that little prick Joffrey with a few nice zingers. :pac: I'm expecting big things from her, I haven't read the books but I'm hoping she plays a big role in either the downfall of Cersei or Joffrey.

Then again, I'd love it if Arya got to strike the final blow that takes down Joffrey. I was really hoping that she'd take Jaqen up on his offer, become a ninja and return, Bruce Wayne style. :cool:

Have to disagree on Bran too, a likeable chap indeed.

Jon Snow
    I also haven't read the books so being verrrrrry careful what threads I open in this forum even :)
    Personally, I'd love if Sir Joffsalot was in the middle of proving what a man he is and about to inflict some cruelty on Arya to spite his grandfather (maternal and paternal :P) if she gets outed as a Stark, only for her banished direwolf to get him from behind and commit the crime Lady was killed for :D

Sansa is *less* annoying, but still *quite* annoying, I concede that point. Have to say, I quite warmed to Cersei while she was getting drunk on wine, up until then I didn't like her. As for Jaime, Christ is it just me or is it every time he opens his mouth, I keep hearing Gilderoy Lockehart from Harry Potter, post amnesia?! So now I just hear that I've eventually taken to him too.

I won't change my stance on Bran though :P

But how could I forget? near the very top of the list of people I hate in the show is Roz. All she does is get her tits out. I know it's based off the books, but she has such little depth and only seems to be gratuitous nude scenes. Her biggest scene was crying pretty much... though were it not for her wouldn't have had the Little Finger dabbing a whore's mouth post-fellatio to appease the customer she was bawling at :D

• Advertisement

Other (Please State)
    Loved that scene, Gillen is such a brilliantly creepy and sinister bastard in it. ;) Looks like Roz will be used more anyway next season.

Bronn
    But how could I forget? near the very top of the list of people I hate in the show is Roz. All she does is get her tits out. I know it's based off the books, but she has such little depth and only seems to be gratuitous nude scenes. Her biggest scene was crying pretty much... though were it not for her wouldn't have had the Little Finger dabbing a whore's mouth post-fellatio to appease the customer she was bawling at :D

Roz isn't in the books.

The sex in the books is, for the most part I think, more graphic but occurs less often.

Jon Snow
    I'm not prudish and nudity doesn't put me off or anything like that. I just really dislike how useless she is in an otherwise finely held together tapestry is all. I mean, even Khaleesi has some plot reasons for whenever she's getting in the nip! Ie what first seemed v extravagant in the first or second ep when she's slowly walking into the bath, the sleeper plot in that scene was "the water's too hot" which was a nod to her dragon blood and whatnot. But Roz? Nipple is as nipple does.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Manning3000

Joffrey Baratheon
    I had to vote for Theon i hate him more in the books but its mainly down to (cant believe i am about to write this) Alfie Allens great acting, brilliant to watch,
    i know tyrion is obvious but i wanted to be different

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

REEK REEK IT RHYMES WITH WEAK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

Jaqen H'ghar
    But Roz? Nipple is as nipple does.
    And sexposition. Her character strikes me as an excellent tool for introducing the viewer to the more sordid depths of King's Landing politics and its associated personalities. Certainly neither her nor the scenes she's in are superfluous

• Advertisement
Advertisement