Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where to stay enroute to Bavaria?

• 06-06-2012 1:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

I've already posted this on the campervan forum .....

Hi all,
    We're heading off at the beginning of July for a couple of weeks in the camper. While I have our main campsites booked for our couple of days in Roth ( near Bavaria) and in the French Alpes, I don't have any idea of where to stay while travelling to these places ...
    Firstly, we are leaving Ireland on a Sunday morning and I hope that we'll be somewhere abeam London by that evening so that we can travel on to get the Eurostar the following lunchtime. Does anyone have any recommendations about places to stay?

Secondly, If we get to Calais by Monday afternoon, I was hoping to be in Roth by Wednesday evening or sometime Thurs ( we have the Roth campsite booked from Weds but we have a couple of young kids and don't want to be driving the whole time so I don't mind paying for an extra night) and we're planning on travelling via the E40 ( Belgium / Germany ) and A4/ A3 ( in Germany). As this is a main artery through Europe, I'd appreciate if anyone could recommend places to visit and especially places to stop for the night enroute.

Thanks in advance .. countdown on the holidays ... can't wait!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭John C

What is the postcode for the town of Roth you are visiting?
    In German, Postcode is Postleitzahl abbreviated PLZ.

Example: Roth near Nuremberg has PLZ 91154.
    On addreses: Abcdef Straße, 91154 Roth.

There are at least seven towns with the name Roth in Germany.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭Franticfrank

If it is the Roth near Nuremburg, you could stop off in Luxembourg, roughly halfway from Calais. Or go a little further and stay in Strasbourg, its a great town.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 Keadeen

Hi, I am a bit biased as the place I recommend is my home town. Lovely town only 30km east of Munich and assuming you are taking the A9 towards Munich Freising is just 15 min off the motorway. Look for Freising.de in Google. Not touristy there, just an authentic nice and safe town. Sorry I cannot give you a web link as I am new to this forum and I am not allowed yet. Another website you may want to check out re travelling to the Bavarian Alps and what to see and do there is TouchingNature.co.uk. Hope this helps. Wishing you a fab holiday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

If it is the Roth near Nuremburg, you could stop off in Luxembourg, roughly halfway from Calais. Or go a little further and stay in Strasbourg, its a great town.
    Luxembourg is a tidy wee town and worth a visit.
    Theres a well serviced campsite not too far from the city itsself.
    Another bonus about Luxembourg is the dirt cheap petrol. For example 133 for petrol and 130 for diesel according to Aral (formerly BP) http://www.aral.de/toolserver/retaileurope/currentPrice.do?categoryId=4001412&contentId=58694

Advertisement