Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Letting rip in front of girl

• 06-06-2012 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

Ok heres the story, Ive been crushing on this girl for like a week, today picked up the courage to ask her for drinks and she said yes, so we were in communal tv room watching a movie her friend and a couple of others were there, I started drifting of to sleep, then just as i was drifting off i let rip, they burst out laughing, i played it cool and waited for a few second then pretend woke up and asked them why they were laughing to which enticed more laughing, i just ignored them and went back to pretend sleep for 10 mins then woke up and watched the rest of the movie, i cant think how i can look her straight in the face after this:(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

It was only a fart ffs, best to let it out! As the fella said, "Tis better to have an empty house than a bold lodger!!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Happens to the best of us. Build a bridge and get over it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

I'm doing my LC.
    This would be an awful short story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Dont worry about it.

As long as you dont say "Iv been crushing on you for like a week", you should be ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

astonaidan wrote: »
    Ive been crushing on this girl

Do people say this now?
    That sounds really stupid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

You'll have to move country after that. Such stuff can't be allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

you fell asleep on a date? smooooooth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Ok heres the story, Ive been crushing on this girl for like a week, today picked up the courage to ask her for drinks and she said yes, so we were in communal tv room watching a movie her friend and a couple of others were there, I started drifting of to sleep, then just as i was drifting off i let rip, they burst out laughing, i played it cool and waited for a few second then pretend woke up and asked them why they were laughing to which enticed more laughing, i just ignored them and went back to pretend sleep for 10 mins then woke up and watched the rest of the movie, i cant think how i can look her straight in the face after this:(
    The Clearasil + Hormones forum is that way
    >

Pushtrak wrote: »
    You'll have to move country after that. Such stuff can't be allowed.

He was sent out to Sydney in the first place cos he left off a big ripsnorter at 11 Mass one Sunday morning :rolleyes: Moving him around obviously isn't solving the problem :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

If in doubt, let it out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Do people say this now?

I thought it was more like "i've been digging this chick..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

kfallon wrote: »
    He was sent out to Sydney in the first place cos he left off a big ripsnorter at 11 Mass one Sunday morning :rolleyes: Moving him around obviously isn't solving the problem :pac:
    Apparently it works for Catholic priests. Ask the pope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

You asked her out for drinks, brought friends along and then fell asleep ????

And your worried about a fart ? :confused:

I thought it was more like "i've been digging this chick..."

No - that's domestic violence, that's defo not cool!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Yeh, I found the sleeping thing odd too. The fart probably increased the excitement of that date.

The only option here is to do what the Earl of Oxford did when he inadvertently farted in front of Elizabeth 1st. He left the country for seven years. Liz was forgiving though, on his return she said "My lord, I had forgot the fart"!

EDIT: That's just a story. Probably this girl will never forget the fart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

Farting early sets a good precedent. You gonna go out with this chick and never fart ever? True love means you hold her hair back while she pukes on your shoes, don't get weirded out when the lavatory door is left open as she makes a poop and can freely fart in front of each other and rate them on a sliding scale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

It was probably the big **** that fell out the bottom of your trousers they were laughing at so i wouldn't worry yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

You asked someone out, then proceeded to fall asleep and let rip a fart....in front of her and her friends. The fart on its own probably wouldn't be the worst, but the whole context....honestly, how do you expect her to think you've interest in her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

her friends are probably already refering to you as 'the farter'...

e.g. are you seeing fart boy later ect ect

give up now, ye smelly bastard :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

Could have been worse....

You could have had a Follow Through".

Think yourself lucky. ;)

• Advertisement

You played nothing in this story "cool"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

Wouldn't bother me , the sleeping and group date would piss me off...fart away, as long as I'm not stuck in a car with said fart...

Fart has lost all meaning thanks to this thread....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

davet82 wrote: »
    her friends are probably already refering to you as 'the farter'...

e.g. are you seeing fart boy later ect ect

give up now, ye smelly bastard :pac:

haha this is most likely true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

farted while sitting beside my gf the day after i met her. Sitting with all her mates outside her house i leaned over and one of those really loud but short ones popper out.

was very shaming especially when they all started speaking Irish about it (i don't know any Irish and they were all fluent)

She shoulda really seen the trouble that was to come as now 5 years later everything is fair game it seems and some mornings ..... well i'll let yous guess what the room is like after a weekend of guinness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Do people say this now?

Sounds violent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

OP if you are going to be going out with this girl for a while then you will eventually fart in front of her! Nothing wrong with it!

But falling asleep on the first date?? really??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭scholar007

so we were in communal tv room watching a movie

Whats a "communal tv room" ? :confused:

Is that not as we would say years ago "a picture house"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

scholar007 wrote: »
    Whats a "communal tv room" ? :confused:

Is that not as we would say years ago "a picture house"?

op lives in a hostel maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Hmmm, depends on the fart....

Are we talking dry or wet? Was there fecal matter involved and was it a touching cloth moment, was there any "rusty water" dribbling down the leg?

As for the smell, did it contain a sort of carroty-twang on a hot summer's morn or are we looking at hot & spicy eggs with a slight peppering of sour milk and had the aromatic potency to make an onion cry?

Sound-wise, was it akin to a high-pitched "fssssssssss", bubbly but raspy tone or are we talking about a full-blown "drowning man screaming under layers of thick slime"?

Dammit people, these questions need to be asked if we can help resolve this.

• Advertisement

Duggy747 wrote: »

Are we talking dry or wet? Was there fecal matter involved and was it a touching cloth moment, was there any "rusty water" dribbling down the leg?

As for the smell, did it contain a sort of carroty-twang on a hot summer's morn or are we looking at hot & spicy eggs with a slight peppering of sour milk and had the aromatic potency to make an onion cry?

Sound-wise, was it akin to a high-pitched "fssssssssss", bubbly but raspy tone or are we talking about a full-blown "drowning man screaming under layers of thick slime"?

duggy you spend WAY too much time thinking!!!!! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

OH and I fart in front of each other no problem. We've agreed that everyone does it, so there's no need to be embarassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Am I the only one who read the opening post and understood the situation to be that they haven't actually gone on the date yet?

My understanding was OP asked her out for a drink, she said yes but the date has yet to happen and the film, the falling asleep, the friends being there and the infamous fart were just part of the day like any other.

duggy you spend WAY too much time thinking!!!!! :p

I got kicked off the force because apparently my fart interrogations "weren't relevant" to investigations.

I brought 2 murderers to court and foiled a terrorist plot based on suspect's farting consistencies.

Wasn't by the book and the chief and mayor were always on my case but, dammit, I got results!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

I got kicked off the force because apparently my fart interrogations "weren't relevant" to investigations.

I brought 2 murderers to court and foiled a terrorist plot based on suspect's farting consistencies.

Wasn't by the book and the chief and mayor were always on my case but, dammit, I got results!

if only you knew that you can get dna from farts. you would have solved so many more cases!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭davet82

i think these are important questions too...

i also think really really smelly farts should be classed as an assualt and should be punished with a fine up to €5000 or/and 2 years in prison :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Ok heres the story, Ive been crushing on this girl for like a week,

I started drifting of to sleep, then just as i was drifting off i let rip, they burst out laughing,

Crush her with farts.

mikom wrote: »
    Crush her with farts.

could be the new BHWP?

FatherLen wrote: »
    if only you knew that you can get dna from farts. you would have solved so many more cases!

Try telling that to a chief who doesn't care, thought it was all hocus-pocus, heeby-jeeby voodoo stuff.

I never got to find my nemesis serial killer. Nobody would listen to me that his calling card was a dirty aul fart lingering in the room of the crime.

Sometimes I can hear him farting in the distance, like he's taunting me to catch him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

mikom wrote: »
    Crush her with farts.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their wimmen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,859 ✭✭✭Duckjob

kylith wrote: »
    OH and I fart in front of each other no problem. We've agreed that everyone does it, so there's no need to be embarassed.

It's one of my favorite pastimes - letting a ripper in bed and then wafting the covers so Mrs D can partake of the fruity aromas.

That said, I would've said it's a bit different when you're in an established relationship and are both comfortable with all that stuff. When things are new, and you're trying to be all things cool to the object of your affections, falling asleep and letting noisy "parps" fall out of you isn't a winning look, unless she has a fetish for that type of thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Jumping jesus on a red push bike, you farted in front of a girl on your first date???? Unfortunately there is no greater social faux pas you could make in the history of faux pases. You may as well have walked over to her, shat on her head and rubbed it in while going "Coochie coochie coo". It's a plutonium situation you got yourself into as the half life is equivilent to the length of rememberence this girl will have of the incident.

You may as well have a chat with these guys to see what they can do for you and how fast they can do it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 Flaps Separator

God - what age are you OP.

everyone knows you dunk the missus......then Fart

God - what age are you OP.

everyone knows you dunk the missus......then Fart

did you just make that username flap seperator just for this thread :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

"Better out that your eye," is what an old aunt of mine always said when someone "cut their finger".:)

I think you handled it rather well on the whole; that pretend-sleep was a nice touch.;);)

Just continue to play it as subtly and it won't be long before you have turned her on to the pleasures of the Dutch oven.:):)

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

Op you should of just started laughing and acting as if you meant to do it! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭ElvisChrist6

I fart in front of my girlfriend all the time, on purpose sometimes. The filthy whore loves it!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

Girls like to watch naked men ****, I think they can deal with a fart or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Spread

I've heard it said (by an unsavoury type) that the reason women break wind less than men is
    they can't keep their mouths shut long enough - to build up the pressure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

FatherLen wrote: »
    you fell asleep on a date? smooooooth.

Yeah, i'd be way more embarrassed about finding your potential love interest (or to use the parlance of the forum, the lady you have been 'crushing' on) so interesting that you fell asleep. It's a rudimentary digestive process and everyone does it, if you didn't fart that'd be more cause for concern!

I would love to find the plonker who made flatulence socially unacceptable and punch them though. Although the suffering they endured from a lifetime of constipation was probably enough punishment, the windless fecks :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭guitarzero

Its just a fart, jesus, so your arse stinks the place up, next time you fart in front of her, which I hope you do, just stand up and tell her solemnly that you have no interest in apologizing, that you've been apologizing all your life, you've been too nice too people, that they have mistaken your kindness for weakness, that the man has had you under his thumb for too long and the last time you held in a fart you nearly pulled a muscle. By then the stench will have lifted, she'll be smitten with your ability to handle the situation and probably wanna take your trousers off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement