Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Muse's New Album Due September - Dubstep...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Sounds like they are milking it IMO.

Will just have to wait till some tracks are leaked, but my expectations aren't high.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

Ugh Dubstep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Hang on a minute, it's just a trailer with cinematic music and some dubstep thrown in at the end.

What indication is there that they've changed into a dubstep act?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 50 ✭✭vider12

i'm not a big muse fan but there a couple of songs are alright so will be interesting to hear if they have changed their genre.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

flyswatter wrote: »
    Hang on a minute, it's just a trailer with cinematic music and some dubstep thrown in at the end.

Yeah I wouldn't have got the impression that any music in the video was representative of the album.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why would they have an album trailer without their music? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Delightfully Pessimistic

I'll have to wait till an actual song is released but if muse goes dubstep I will actually burn every single muse related artifact I own (Which is quite a few)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'll have to wait till an actual song is released but if muse goes dubstep I will actually burn every single muse related artifact I own (Which is quite a few)

So you'll not listen to the music you used to enjoy by a band because they're now following a musical path you don't like? Is that not a tad retarded?

Why would they have an album trailer without their music? :confused:

I'm not aware of any rules that bands have to feature new album music in trailers for that album.

I'm not aware of any rules that bands have to feature new album music in trailers for that album.

To be honest, until this thread I had never heard of the concept of a video trailer for an album before, even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

This is outrageously ****.

Who cares if it's dubstep, it's still awful. It's not even them making dubstep-related music (let alone making good music of any kind...), it's them jumping on a musical bandwagon that left town years ago.

Also, nice subtle video. Exchange rate ticker tapes, eyes opening, grey trees, oil machinery, petrol prices... Wow, they're like, writing music about the economy and stuff.

"New energy cannot be created, and high-grade energy is being destroyed." - They're even violating the Law of Conservation of Energy! Who does Matt Bellamy think he is? :pac:

I'd probably disagree with this;
    Sinfonia wrote: »
    To be honest, until this thread I had never heard of the concept of a video trailer for an album before, even.

Nevertheless I'll say no more about the album until I've heard some full songs. I'm not entirely giving hope they can pull it off, but it is unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Muse made the move from making meh music to making absolute sh*t music about 3 albums ago. Matt Bellamy is a talented instrumentalist but somewhere along the lines people got the idea that he was particularly creative or even a good lyricist.

karaokeman wrote: »
    I'd probably disagree with this;

You'd disagree that until this thread I had never heard of the concept of a video trailer for an album before? Please, tell me more about myself!

You'd disagree that until this thread I had never heard of the concept of a video trailer for an album before? Please, tell me more about myself!

You like Mojitos but you'll only have one because you're afraid that if you have any more you might make a fool of your self. Your favourite colour is red because it brings out that colour in your eyes and if no one is looking you lick your fellow workers' keyboards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

il be disgusted with muse if they made a dub - step album.

dub - step is like cancer to music

ricero wrote: »
    dub - step is like cancer to music

Care to explain or give any examples?

I'd argue that holding uninformed opinions and closed-mindedness are like cancer to music.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I don't hate dubstep, I'm interested to see how muse play with it, I like the way that they aren't afraid to play around with other genres though. It's brave as it could make or break a band.

Resistance was a bit of a let down. I do love all the classic rock sounds (they remind me of queen an awful lot) I do love the instrumentals but the lads went a bit crazy on it in resistance but there was a lot I liked about that album too.

Also, no tour dates for South Korea :(:eek::confused:

Its not about your personality, I was just responding posting showing album trailers that I had seen before this thread.

But I probably shouldn't have posted because even that was off-topic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Look forward to hearing this, it has been a while since we last heard from muse!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

I don't hate dubstep, I'm interested to see how muse play with it, I like the way that they aren't afraid to play around with other genres though.

Yes, the move from stadium rock to over the top, camp stadium rock was a triumph. Hopefully they can make just as great a transition to the least distinctive electronic music I've ever heard.

Robotic ass rape noises are so two thousand and lame…

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

Its been too long since I last heard some muse.. Not sure about dubstep! But looking forward to hearing what they've got!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

rcaz wrote: »
    Care to explain or give any examples?

I'd argue that holding uninformed opinions and closed-mindedness are like cancer to music.

dub - step is like so so gay bro.

oh and skillrex that guy ****ing sucks balls big time

skillrex

Ah yes, he represents dubstep perfectly. Carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

you gotta love the nerve of them though.

creative music is one thing....

but naming your band after an erectile disfunction medication...

WOW, that takes bal... no, that thakes guts!!

http://www.edguidance.com/treatment/muse-treatment.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

dub - step is like so so gay bro.

oh and skillrex that guy ****ing sucks balls big time
    If that post was intended as a humorous retort to rcaz's legitimate question then it was spectacularly unfunny. If it wasn't then... facepalm_smiley.gif

you gotta love the nerve of them though.

creative music is one thing....

but naming your band after an erectile disfunction medication...

WOW, that takes bal... no, that thakes guts!!

http://www.edguidance.com/treatment/muse-treatment.html
    I'd wager it was named after muse, as in creative inspiration. E.g Drugs to the Beatles during a certain period or something like a book or film, real life person that a songwriter would get ideas from.

I'd wager it was named after muse, as in creative inspiration. E.g Drugs to the Beatles during a certain period or something like a book or film, real life person that a songwriter would get ideas from.

Which comes from ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement