Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MacBook Pro Backlight problems

Options
  • 06-06-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭

I have a 2010 15' MacBook Pro, and sometimes (only sometimes, but it has happened a good few times), when it goes to sleep (regardless of whether or not i closed the lid) and wakes back up, the backlight doesn't work on the screen, and using the F1 and F2 keys does nothing to change this. I know the screen is still on and working as I got a lamp and shone it on the apple logo at the back and could see the mouse moving around the middle of the screen.

Is this a common problem or am I just doing something wrong? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭taylorconor95

It just happened again. This time I left it open, on, and alone for about 40mins (its peel timeout is set for 15mins) and when I got back the fans were running like mad, the display was on and working, but the backlight wasn't working. I thin closed the lid. It didn't go to sleep, I could hear the fans still rushing away for 5 minutes as I had the lid closed.

Any Ideas what might be happening here?

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭muggyog

Sounds like a power management problem. Try resetting the SMC.

Advertisement