Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Over

Options
  • 06-06-2012 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

I used to have a log on here...what feels like a million years ago before a little bit of me died somewhere in the middle of a race and I lost the fun of running... :(

And then I went and had a string of nothing serious but annoying niggly little injuries and lacklustre performances running for the sake of it, not cause I was enjoying it...but now I am back! Past few weeks I've started right from the start, no gps, no measuring how far I am going just sticking to a C25K app I downloaded, going to pilates classes and rediscovering what I like about running.

Might leave the measurement tools aside for another few weeks still but feeling better already so time to get a little focus.

Goals for the rest of the year:

1. Get back to being able to comfortably run for an hour
    2. Stay injury free by being sensible with stretching, cross-training etc
    3. Find at least one 5k race and run it in less than 28mins (most recent time)
    4. Find some more 5k races and do sub 25min
    5. Run a 10k in sub 55mins
    6. Eat healthy, and slim slightly (just wanta loose 5kg)
    7. ENJOY :)

Oh and did I mention I wanta do this while working 4 days for one organisation, doing some research for another (in theory 1 day a week), and starting a masters p/t in September - wish me luck!

Advertisement