Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which visa?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭

I will be graduating from university in ireland and would like to go to Australia to work for a year to get experience and see what the country is like. My career is listed on the skilled occupation list.
    I will have no paid employment and am wondering which visa I would therefore need.
    Would it work on the basis of an employer or agency nominating me after I find a job that suits which requires no experience?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭jamiecoins

eyerer wrote: »
    I will be graduating from university in ireland and would like to go to Australia to work for a year to get experience and see what the country is like. My career is listed on the skilled occupation list.
    I will have no paid employment and am wondering which visa I would therefore need.
    Would it work on the basis of an employer or agency nominating me after I find a job that suits which requires no experience?

Thanks.

if you want to get a feel for the country try a working holiday visa where you can work and travel and see what the place is all about

i think from reading posts that you need some exp in your field to better your chances of sponsorship

im sure other posters will be more helpfull

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Have a read of the sticky about FAQ you'll find a huge amount of info there.
    But essentially there are 3 types of visa for you
    1) Working holiday - you have up to a year to live and work in Australia. You can apply for a 2nd year if you are willing to work on a farm or regional area for 88 days.
    You can work for up to 6 months in one job, and if they like you can can offer the 457 below
    2) 457 or sponsorship - you need a job in Australia for someone to nominate you. But since you are a grad very unlikely you can get this (from ireland), unless in a high demand occupation.
    3) Migration, which more than likely you are not eligible for.

Advertisement