Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pig n' Porter 2012

• 06-06-2012 2:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭

With the world’s biggest Tag rugby festival taking place in Old Crescent next month, I was wondering where the funds received end up? I know that the 3rds team usually get a good tour to Barbados every year out of it, but is that where the majority of profits go?

Do you think that €400 a team is expensive in comparison to similar events during the summer?

€400 a team seems expensive to me. Last year they justified the increase price by saying that they are increasing the team numbers from 12 to 15. So effectively the team entry fee costs more and each player get less game time, while the event benefits with more people per team drinking pints.

It does generate a lot of good attention to Limerick, and fair play to them for that.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

bazzer86 wrote: »
    With the world’s biggest Tag rugby festival taking place in Old Crescent next month, I was wondering where the funds received end up? I know that the 3rds team usually get a good tour to Barbados every year out of it, but is that where the majority of profits go?

Do you think that €400 a team is expensive in comparison to similar events during the summer?

€400 a team seems expensive to me. Last year they justified the increase price by saying that they are increasing the team numbers from 12 to 15. So effectively the team entry fee costs more and each player get less game time, while the event benefits with more people per team drinking pints.

It does generate a lot of good attention to Limerick, and fair play to them for that.

Does it matter where it goes? Old Crescent organise it so I'd imagine it's up to them and their members what they do with the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Reason why I am asking is because is there a need to charge €400 a team? Other festivals seem to be cheaper. Is there some sort of overhead that made it necesasry to increase the cost last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Yeah it wasnt great last year. You get only 15 mins of game time per match for the 400 euro.

And to correct you - the 3rds team do not get a tour to Barbados every year out of it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭bazzer86

Ah ya I know that, that was a little bit of an overstatement.

Old Crescent are a good club and fair play to them for it.

It just seems expensive to me for the limited gametime involved. Do you think it might have got too big?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

It cant get any bigger at Old Cresent anyway and if they wanted to expand they would have to get other Limerick parties involved.If they did that they would lose a certain amount of control

For the home of rugby and all the rugby tourist marketing on non rugby fans its amazing they dont expand it in the city

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They do play games in the Comprehensive during the day with the festivities taking place in OC in the evening.

Maybe it should start earlier or somehow have it over two days!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LeViat

Drink, drugs and hoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 LeViat

bazzer86 wrote: »
    Reason why I am asking is because is there a need to charge €400 a team? Other festivals seem to be cheaper. Is there some sort of overhead that made it necesasry to increase the cost last year?
    Marquees, bands, toilets, security guards, lighting, generators, referees, pitches (school), bouncy castles, facepainters, DJs, insurance etc.

Advertisement