Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I haven't recieved my Children's allowance for this month

• 06-06-2012 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Does anyone know why this could be? I'm so worried, I was really depending on it to pay my rent and get some food this week... I'm waiting on illness benefit for the last two weeks and haven't heard anything back either. Does anyone know who I should contact re. not recieving children's allowance?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

Bustler wrote: »
    Does anyone know why this could be? I'm so worried, I was really depending on it to pay my rent and get some food this week... I'm waiting on illness benefit for the last two weeks and haven't heard anything back either. Does anyone know who I should contact re. not recieving children's allowance?

Is your child 16?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Afaik it stops at aged 16, and you have to get a form signed at the school, to prove full-time education, then you get child benefit until 18 if the child is in full-time education.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

Have you moved recently? It happened my friend. She was sent a declaration of residence form but because she had moved she didn't receive the letter and had her ayment stopped.

Ring the office in Donegal immediately and they will tell you whats wrong. You may need to return a declaration. They can issue a cheque on return of the declaration or you can wait until next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭Pixied

I forgot..

Child Benefit Section

Department of Social Protection
    Social Welfare Services Office
    St Oliver Plunkett Road
    Letterkenny
    Donegal
    Ireland

Opening Hours:You can only contact this office by email or telephone.
    Tel:(074) 916 4400
    Locall:1890 400 400
    Homepage: http://www.welfare.ie

You can email the Child Benefit section using the secure Child Benefit enquiry form.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bustler

No, my child is 2...I moved in January, didn't think to change my address with them. Agggh. Ok will ring them now. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭Lynchy747

cold case wrote: »
    Afaik it stops at aged 16, and you have to get a form signed at the school, to prove full-time education, then you get child benefit until 18 if the child is in full-time education.

Exactly what I was going to say, I've been through the system :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Bustler

Callled them there, they sent a form in February to my old address, they're sending a new form to me now.

Advertisement