Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VISA waiver or B2

Options
  • 06-06-2012 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

was arrested a few years back - got charged - charges got dropped and subsequently have a clean record.

phoned up to book an appointment to get a B2 visa to get into the country as I was technically ineligible for the visa waiver.

a relative has passed in america and I need to go over sooner than expected, and I wont have the B2 visa in time.

Will it be a problem getting into the country with a clean record despite getting arrested?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

if you have a clean record you have a clean record

an arrest doesn't have any sort of connotations since innocent people are arrested in connection with things all the time

why are you ineligible for the ESTA? have you tried applying for one online?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

dean.kiely wrote: »
    was arrested a few years back - got charged - charges got dropped and subsequently have a clean record.

Even if you got arrested and charged you could still get the normal visa waiver depending on what the charge was. Murder and arson then to be no-nos but getting caught with drugs for personal use (just fas an example) wouldn't invalidate you in anyway.

Advertisement