Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building at mountjoy park?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, just wondering does anyone know what's building near mountjoy park? there was a construction site for a year or more free, now 3 weeks ago new company moved it, built like a passages for people so that debris doesn't fall on them, now building is going on from like 7 AM until 6 PM. Today they started using huge drills like 30 metres high. They drilled already like 5 or 6 holes. It's on upper gardinier street.

925542a4.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

is there not a notice in the lane? Thought I seen one at the site entrance opposite the hill 16. Looks like they're putting in pile foundations. A lot of the buildings adjacent are braced up on the hill.

I'd say 4th one down on this page looks like it.....

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPCRITERIA
    We the Catholic Housing Aid Society, intend to apply for permission for development at the site of Father Scully House on Gardiner Street Middle and Temple Lane North, Dublin 1. The development will consist of the demolition of existing buildings on Gardiner Street Middle, and on Temple Lane North: the construction on Gardiner Street of a seven storey building consisting of five storeys over ground floor level with a penthouse level setback from the street edge, accommodating 67 apartments, comprising 55 one bed apartments and 12 two bed apartments, with semi recessed balconies to the courtyard and roof terraces to Gardiner Street : a ground floor commercial unit, entrance and reception, administration, community and multipurpose rooms:

a five storey building to Temple Lane North, accommodating 33 one bed apartments with semi recessed balconies to Temple Lane North, a multi purpose space, ESB substation, switch room: a courtyard conservatory, garden store, bin store and 4 no courtyard carparking spaces; new site boundary gates, railings and plinth to Gardiner Street Middle and Temple Lane North: and landscaping and associated site works.

edit: 100 apartments, 4 car parking spaces. epic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

is there not a notice in the lane? Thought I seen one at the site entrance opposite the hill 16. Looks like they're putting in pile foundations. A lot of the buildings adjacent are braced up on the hill.

I'd say 4th one down on this page looks like it.....

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/WPHAPPCRITERIA

edit: 100 apartments, 4 car parking spaces. epic.

oh, makes sense I guess, at least now I know :D

Btw link doesn't work for w/e reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

Try this one. it wont let me link search results it seems.

http://www.dublincity.ie/swiftlg/apas/run/wphappcriteria.display

search for gardiner street, 2011 to 2012 in the "Date Registered From:" box.

you should get a small list. You're looking for father scully house, temple lane, gardiner street.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

arleitiss wrote: »
    Today they started using huge drills like 30 metres high
    That pile driver is about 15 metres high at most. 30 metres high is half the height of Liberty Hall. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

That pile driver is about 15 metres high at most. 30 metres high is half the height of Liberty Hall. ;)
    oh well I was always bad with roughly estimating heights.

P.S - just looked through window at it, it's night and it's still there, that **** looks creepy :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement