Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FWA New Ross Rural

• 07-06-2012 1:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Anyone have experience of FWA or other solution in the New Ross area? Would be considered a reasonably heavy user, need for work and home, a bit of streaming and some large uploads and downloads. No gaming needed. Skype maybe occasionally.

a. I know that Eircom DSL is out because of way we are wired to sub-exchange.
    b. Mobile is hopeless, even if you camp beside the mast there far too much contention.

So FWA or Satellite seem to be only option.
    a. Want to avoid sat if possible, too many restrictions.
    b. FWA Eircom was available, very reliable but .5mbs down only. Think I need at least 2-3mbs consistent.

I see that Ripplecom and Permanet may be options. Don't mind paying a bit for reliability but the reliability is essential.
    Thanks for any advice.
    Failed to load the poll.

Advertisement