Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electronic cigarette

Options
  • 06-06-2012 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where best place to buy these is ? Prefer a shop rather than online if possible .Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Same here, i'd like to know where to get one as my mum's lookin for one as she saw an ad in the Irish Daily Mail for E30 not inc p+p.

I saw one advertised in a shop a good while ago for about E26, but cant remember where?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Don't know where you're based but there's a stand in Omni Shopping Centre in Santry that sells them.

Karen23 wrote: »
    Don't know where you're based but there's a stand in Omni Shopping Centre in Santry that sells them.

Thanks, but i'm in the top end of the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Thanks im north side .Any idea how much ?

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

The ones you get in shopping centres are not very good.

A forum dedicated to e-smoking here.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1497

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

the ones in shops might be ok, maybe
    but in general they're poor products, only sold in the shops because online they'd get slated in a review section

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1497

make a thread here, there's 9 or 10 irish sites with next day delivery that take laser cards and someone will reccomend a kit for you, there's a couple of sites in dublin and one in galway that have a collection service too so maybe you can pay in cash

Got one today in the supermarket, must be just new, its called 10Motives costs €7.99, they were beside cash register, but should have looked a little closer at the writing below, as it said Rechargeable versions available, as this one says it will last about 30 cigs & mentions its a lot cheaper?

Not if you have to buy another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

Got one today in the supermarket, must be just new, its called 10Motives costs €7.99, they were beside cash register, but should have looked a little closer at the writing below, as it said Rechargeable versions available, as this one says it will last about 30 cigs & mentions its a lot cheaper?

Which supermarket Patty o ??

Here's a link to the ones sold in Omni Shopping Centre
    http://e-cig.ie/special-offers

I don't smoke myself so I cant give an opinion on them but my mother in law recently bought this one and finds it great. It seems expensive to me but if it works you'll save in the long run.
    Good Luck

By the way my mother in law brought hers to the pub one night and because it doesn't produce smoke , ash , flame or nicotine she presumed she'd be ok to smoke it indoors.
    A member of staff thought she was smoking and approached her and told her to go outside , she explained it wasn't a cigarette and told him about it but he insisted she go outside. She asked to speak to the manager who agreed she couldn't '' smoke '' it inside as it would encourage smokers to chance their arm.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i saw a youtube review of the 10motives one, for a disposable ecig it's not terrible apparently. but 30 cigarettes, no no no. I think the dude got 220 puffs out of it
    generally speaking the ones that look like cigarettes don't perform terribly well
    when they say 30 cigarettes, they likely are talking about the amount of overall nicotine in it but there are other factors to consider. Cigarettes are a more effective nicotine delivery system than ecigs, so the equivelant overall amount of nicotine in a pack of fags will last you longer than the equivelant in a bottle of ejuice. it's just a pack of fags costs 8.whatever for 20 and 30ml of juice can costs anywhere from 10-20 euro depending on the brand/where you buy it and should last you the guts of a month, so long as you're not going crazy on it.
    also the batteries on those ciggie lookalike disposables are ****e, even the rechargable ones are pretty ****e. they last about 2-4 hours before needing to be recharged so if you're out and about you'll either need to shell out for a portable charging base, or carry 5-6 batteries around with you.
    Here's a link to the ones sold in Omni Shopping Centre
    http://e-cig.ie/special-offers

I don't smoke myself so I cant give an opinion on them but my mother in law recently bought this one and finds it great. It seems expensive to me but if it works you'll save in the long run.
    Good Luck

incredibly expensive for what they are, you have to buy replacement cartomisers (the part that holds the eliquid) from them and they are also incredibly expensive for what they are.
    a good starter kit will cost around that price but the costs are all frontloaded with them. after that 5 cartomisers will cost you 5-7 euro, a cartomiser should last you up to a week and juice is generally damned inexpensive if you're not buying stuff that was hand mixed by naked cuban virgins.

shardylan wrote: »
    Which supermarket Patty o ??

Eurospar, but found out there's one thats' E1 cheaper for about 40 cigs, as it lasts that person a few weeks!

So i enquired at a local chemist as the shop was out of them & assumed they would have them in stock & was told they dont stock them asthey're reported to be dangerous with toxins spreading from it?

I probably have to get more info on this, i saw an offer in the Daily Mail recently but were charging E20 extra for usb chargers (which i have)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Eurospar, but found out there's one thats' E1 cheaper for about 40 cigs, as it lasts that person a few weeks!

So i enquired at a local chemist as the shop was out of them & assumed they would have them in stock & was told they dont stock them asthey're reported to be dangerous with toxins spreading from it?

I probably have to get more info on this, i saw an offer in the Daily Mail recently but were charging E20 extra for usb chargers (which i have)

Have you not seen ANY of Sir digbys posts above!

sweetie wrote: »
    Have you not seen ANY of Sir digbys posts above!

I have yes, but found out that info during the posts as i saw that info on 10motives from the pamphlet in store, did not mention anything about the amount of puffs you could get? the website afaik is 10motives.com & was surprised to hear that from a chemists as the assistant told me that when i rang up.

I'm only posting back now on what i heard & still lookin thru the info that was posted & there's a lot on what Sir Digby gave.

I gave up smokin 12 yr ago, but only lookin out for someone as they've been smokin for years.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭DA365

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ostone

try ecig directory

They have a good list of ecig stores.

Advertisement