Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forgot to put in a quote from the question in composing

• 06-06-2012 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi, I forgot to put in the quote you get in the question in the composing section in paper 1 english, how many marks will i loose?

eg. Q5 "...all the time in the world.."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

You don't need to include the quote unless it asks you to, which it didn't. It's only meant to guide you on the topic of the question.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

SpikeyBoi wrote: »
    Hi, I forgot to put in the quote you get in the question in the composing section in paper 1 english, how many marks will i loose?

eg. Q5 "...all the time in the world.."

None, it's not neccasary to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Aye Aye, no need for qoute.
    I managed to add in a comparison to James Joyces novel "Ullyses" in text 3, Question A. I was writing about the stream of consciousness technique used by the author.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SpikeyBoi

Thanks for the quick reply.. uff what a relief. I didn't read it properly. Thanks a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 SpikeyBoi

what if it barely answers the question? like in my friends case

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

You dont need the quote at all, its not even suggested you use it

Advertisement