Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ray Bradbury 1920-2012

• 06-06-2012 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭

USA Today is reporting that Ray Bradbury has died in California, at the age of 91.

I've been meaning to read Fahrenheit 451, and this is as good a time as any. :(

Ye Hypocrites, are these your pranks
    To murder men and gie God thanks?
    Desist for shame, proceed no further
    God won't accept your thanks for murder.

―Robert Burns

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

RIP - enjoyed his works, especially The Martian Chronicles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

RIP. Fahrenheit 451 and Something Wicked This Way Comes are great books. He was a great speaker as well and a defender of fantasy and science-fiction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

We've lost a Master. RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

RIP Ray, your sort dont come along too often, a real one off genuine visionary.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Loved his work, pretty much all of it.

Was quite taken with the fact that we loved the exact same books as a kid. Sadly I was never told to live forever by an electric man though.

RIP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 145 ✭✭nungesser

my favorite author read all his books and short stories many times over.
    “It was the face of spring, it was the face of summer, it was the warmness of clover breath. Pomegranate glowed in her lips, and the noon sky in her eyes. To touch her face was that always new experience of opening your window one December morning, early, and putting out your hand to the first white cool powdering of snow that had come, silently, with no announcement, in the night. And all of this, this breath-warmness and plum-tenderness was held forever in one miracle of photographic is chemistry which no clock winds could blow upon to change one hour or one second; this fine first cool white snow would never melt, but live a thousand summers.”
    ― Ray Bradbury, Dandelion Wine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Loved his stuff as a kid. Awesome. On the podium with Asimov and Clarke for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

RIP One of the greats.

Advertisement