Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to stay in/near the City

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,770 ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks
    I plan to take my girlfrined to galway for a weekend in July for 2 nights, i was thinking of staying somewhere thats self catering like a house or an apartment, is there anywhere really nice you could recommend around Galway city, or would i just be better off staying in a hotel ?

Any help would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Keephercountry

Hey folks
    I plan to take my girlfrined to galway for a weekend in July for 2 nights, i was thinking of staying somewhere thats self catering like a house or an apartment, is there anywhere really nice you could recommend around Galway city, or would i just be better off staying in a hotel ?

Any help would be great

Hey, dont really know of any self catering places in town, you would prob be better off with a hotel they've gone very reasonable now, garveys hotel have very good rates with a great atmosphere in the downstairs bar and is right in the centre if eyre square!!
    Worth a look, at least a place like this rules out taxi fairs as you are 1 min from everything!! ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Unlikely you'd get 2 nights only in July, self catering ,most places tend to be for a week at least in high season.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭El_Dangeroso

Citypoint apartments are self catering and are rented by the night but it's around 130 per night, so not really cheaper than hotel.

For an extra ternner a night you can stay in Jurys which has one of the best locations in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What weekend are you thinking? The first week, we've got a bit of a boat race, apparently it's kinda popular so accommodation might be full or expensive.

The third and fourth weeks, we've got an international arts festival. Apparently not quite such a big deal as the boats-whats-it, but still lots of people come here.

Are ye dead set on Galway and July?

Advertisement