Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Paper 2 Prepared Poetry Q2.......WTF???????

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭

I'm seriously annoyed. For question 2 its says the work of a poet. Does that mean you have to analyse 1 poem or MORE THAN 1???? Everyone done 1 and I done 2. I feel like an idiot. Also its in the poetry that u studied. Is that singular or plural

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Leinsterr wrote: »
    I'm seriously annoyed. For question 2 its says the work of a poet. Does that mean you have to analyse 1 poem or MORE THAN 1???? Everyone done 1 and I done 2. I feel like an idiot. Also its in the poetry that u studied. Is that singular or plural

Work of a poet = more than one poem.

I did heaney and only mentioned 3

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭whoopsadaisy

Oh okay so it did mean plural? Okay grand. I did three. Got me worried there for a sec lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

Yes, I didn't do that question but I presume it meant compare the work of two poems by one author.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Did a lot of people do three? Because in class my teacher said two would be fine for a question like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

I did three but only barely mentioned the third in a small paragraph at he end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

I did heaney, blackberry picking and Digging. They said topics or themes (plural) so I had to bend growing up and coming of age into two seperate themes.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Slicence

I did three and felt it necessary, as they ask for 3 interesting aspects of his writing.
    E.g. Theme: Death: Midterm Break, and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭DaleHyland

I did blackberry picking and Mid Term Break. I said Nature , Ageing in Blackberry picking. Mid Term Break I said death.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 401 ✭✭Leinsterr

Thank god, i was seriously worried. Literally everyone who I asked said they did one. Thank god I done 2 kavanagh poems

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭lynchy101

what was the second question again?

• Advertisement

lynchy101 wrote: »
    what was the second question again?

From the poetry you have studied choose a poet whose WORK impressed you.
    (A) what topics or themes does the poet deal with in the POETRY u studied.
    (b) explain why u find the WORK impressive. Give reasons.........

Also wud u get any marks for only doin 1 poem.???? Luckily I done 2. Also can u interpret it as 1 poem???

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

I focused on Blackberry Picking and Digging but also mentioned The Early Purges and Mid Term Break, just to make myself sound smart :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭bigben121

how bad is it if i did question two but only used one poem?.....

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

I talked about heaney and midterm break and the early purges

• Registered Users Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭Pen Rua

I used Heaney's work. I mentioned death (Mid Term Break), Memory (Digging and The Early Purges) and Agricultural Life (The Early Purges). I said his work is impressive due to his descriptive writing. Same old, same old.

I said it was impressive due to descriptive style, metaphorical style and loads of images oh yeh assonance and sibilance

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭JDOC1996

If you analyzed one poem brilliantly you'll be fine. I personally analyzed 2 or 3 poems by W.B Yeats, I can't remember which ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 2Mainstream

I did three poems by Heaney.:D

Advertisement