Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 3720, how to switch between GPRS, 3G etc.

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I'm currently with emobile. Their coverage is brutal in my area, if I had known it was this bad, I wouldn't have went with them, but I'm tied into an 18 month contract now. Thats life.

Anyway, as part of my efforts to improve reception, I rang emobile customer care, and they told me my phone should be operating off GPRS or 3G (as opposed to whatever its on now, I dont know what that is). So my question is, how do I change this particular setting?

There doesn't seem to be any option in any of the menus for this. Any ideas or other suggestions?

Thanks, Newmug

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Thats an example of terrible customer service.

Is this your phone?

3720_classic_main_phoneimage.png

GPRS is for using data, not voice calls. The 3720 is not a 3G phone so you wont find any settings. I take it that you didnt get the phone from eMobile

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

^^^^^ Thats the one. No I bought it from phonesonline.ie because of its ruggedness. Is there any grain of correctness in what yerone was telling me? Is there anything I can change to improve reception?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only thing you can change is the phone or network.

You could get a phone that is 3g compatible, so will have better chance of having better signal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Davy wrote: »
    Only thing you can change is the phone or network.

You could get a phone that is 3g compatible, so will have better chance of having better signal

:mad::mad::mad: Stupid emobile coverage map shows my area as being the best type of coverage!

Advertisement