Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi Special Offer Plants - HELP ! Can anyone tell me the names?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭

As I want to see if they'd be suitable for my hallways which boils in the summer and is cold in the winter.

If anyone can tell me their names so I can check them out on the internet that would be great.

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_22047.htm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

They are all common, easy to grow houseplants that will do pretty well anywhere, even in a corner that isn't very bright. You are more likely to kill them by over watering than under watering. Bit of an occasional feed and occasional (annual, max) move to a size bigger pot and they will last for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Is one of them a "rubber plant" - the one with the big leaves on it, do you know?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Nonmonotonic

Second from left is an Umbrella plant (Schefflera arboricola)
    Second from right is a Rubber plant ( Ficus elastica )

I only see five plants!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

I bought a rubber plant today, there was also a variated rubber plant with a nice pink white light green leaf. There were ficus benjamina varigated and green yucca and a draecena.

Second from left is an Umbrella plant (Schefflera arboricola)
    Second from right is a Rubber plant ( Ficus elastica )

I only see five plants!

Yes there is only 5 in the picture but it says there are 9 varities to chose from:confused:

• Advertisement

I bought a rubber plant today, there was also a variated rubber plant with a nice pink white light green leaf. There were ficus benjamina varigated and green yucca and a draecena.

In Aldi?

Already in store?

Got 2 x rubber plants today, they all look healthy plants and a great deal at €5.99, various heights.

Advertisement