Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Providers

Options
  • 06-06-2012 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    We have eircom home and broadband(just under 1 year),we will be looking to move to Vodafone for cost reasons.
    I've read a few threads showing cancellation fee's etc.

What is the correct way to switch provider leaving it so no additional charges are incurred?

e.g cancellation fees,last and final bill and so on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

dan_ep82 wrote: »
    Hi,
    We have eircom home and broadband(just under 1 year),we will be looking to move to Vodafone for cost reasons.
    I've read a few threads showing cancellation fee's etc.

What is the correct way to switch provider leaving it so no additional charges are incurred?

e.g cancellation fees,last and final bill and so on.

Hi dan_ep82,

Just to advise of the cancellation process:

eircom now require a 30 day notification to cancel the broadband service and phone service. We require customers to contact our service team on 1800 242 633 or 1901. Who will take a record of the call and then transfer you to the cancellation department.

eircom cancellations will take a record of your intention to cease and give the e-mail address or postal address to send the written request. They will follow up 30 days later to insure the cancellation order has been processed assuming eircom have received a letter or e-mail 30 days after receipt.

If you PM me with your telephone number / account number I can check the contract status or any possible charges.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement