Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving an 'inside' boiler outside

• 06-06-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭

had my boiler serviced etc new valves put in and fire cement etc around it and its still smelling. so Im considering putting it outside, whats involved in that, I obviously need a special container type thingy anyone know where these can be got or how successful it is to move it outside?

thank you

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

how much heat will be lost/efficiency by putting it out side.

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

well I'll have to look into that but to be honest the smell is just so off putting, Im so sorry I didnt get an outside one in the first place. hopefully some plumber will get back to me while my own guy is looking into it for me.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

your boiler shouldnt be smelling, how old is it? is this guy registered and properly qualified?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭nellie07

yes he is Brian, the boiler is only 6 years old, my neighbours also have the smell its very common with inside boilers, nearly everyone that I know who has one complains about them unfortunately. I get it serviced very regularly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

nellie07 wrote: »
    yes he is Brian, the boiler is only 6 years old, my neighbours also have the smell its very common with inside boilers, nearly everyone that I know who has one complains about them unfortunately. I get it serviced very regularly

Nellie07, I'd be inclined to get another engineer to have a look. I have a Grant Euroflame in the utility room for about 17-18 years without any problem.
    The dog even sleeps beside it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

red sean wrote: »
    Nellie07, I'd be inclined to get another engineer to have a look. I have a Grant Euroflame in the utility room for about 17-18 years without any problem.
    The dog even sleeps beside it.

I agree. A friend also had an indoor boiler which stank to high heavens of oil. He suffered with it for a couple of years thinking it was normal and to be expected. Then he got an engineer who knew his stuff to check it out and I think he ended up replacing the burner/fan, filter bottle and some pipework. Now there's not a whiff out of it.
    His dog sleeps beside it too.

Advertisement