Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fishing in galway?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

for starters im in galway and wont be fishing outside galway :)
    ok so....
    we have small boat in claddagh. we fish for mackeral alot got about 800-1000 last year!
    BUT.... i like the sound of deep sea fishing i have tryed many times on the boat off the lighthouse and closer to shore on the other side once ever i got 1 dogfish! thats all :(

on shore i have got a few dogfish and pollac also hooked conger in salthill but line snapped as was fishing for mackeral not them at time!

so for the questions.....

claddagh salthill or possible barna is best for deep sea fishing? i want conger,flatty,doggy pollac, ect...

i have loads of lead hooks 6 rods 2 bait casters hold approx 300m line! with 30lb rods n line, other rods for mackeral they are lighter with 20lb line approx except one of them is loaded with 30 lb :)
    basicly looking for info on type of fish bait techniques location. also is there good fishing on rusheen bay silverstrand? thanks so much and info tips welcome :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jackfinzo

or maybe spiddal pear? BUT rusheen salthill silverstrand prefered... but what fish are possible get there??

Advertisement