Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

English Poetry Question

• 06-06-2012 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Why is everyone inclining that Plath and Heaney might come up? They BOTH came up on my Pres so wouldn't that make it less probable that they might come up for the Leaving Cert? And if we're talking about Poets who hasn't shown up then shouldn't Larkin be a shoe in? I might have scared you off since tomorrow is our English paper 2 but I'm just curious as to why would Plath and Heaney come up twice in one year...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

The pres have absolutely nothing to do with the actual Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

CareNone17 wrote: »
    Why is everyone inclining that Plath and Heaney might come up? They BOTH came up on my Pres so wouldn't that make it less probable that they might come up for the Leaving Cert? And if we're talking about Poets who hasn't shown up then shouldn't Larkin be a shoe in? I might have scared you off since tomorrow is our English paper 2 but I'm just curious as to why would Plath and Heaney come up twice in one year...

Papers are printed before the mocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

CareNone17 wrote: »
    Mocks are set by private companies or by your own teachers, not by the SEC. Those setting the LC papers won't even have seen the mocks papers by the time the papers are finalised.

No relationship whatsoever between the two. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement