Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if...

• 06-06-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

OK so , here are my 9 subjects :
    Engineering(HL),construction(HL),DCG(HL),maths(OL),Irish(OL),French(OL),
    English(HL),Polish(HL) and LCVP

the 2 coure i would like to do have 360 and 300 pts. The on with 360 pts states I need a C3 in two HL and a D3 in 4 OL + a B3 in maths(OL), and the one with 300 pts is the same but I dont need a B3 in maths.

So if I fail lets say engineering, will i still be applicable to those courses if I score the requirements ?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

At a quick glance, I don't see why not.

Only 6 subjects are counted for points.

You have enough HL options without engineering.

Engineering doesn't seem to be a specific requirement for either course as you have outlined it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

yes

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Damianlegend

ok thanks, i wont bother with engineering so.. its too late now anyway :P

you could drop to OL if you think you're going to fail it.

yes but i have already done the projet for higher level..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭IRA 1916

OK so , here are my 9 subjects :
    Engineering(HL),construction(HL),DCG(HL),maths(OL),Irish(OL),French(OL),
    English(HL),Polish(HL) and LCVP

the 2 coure i would like to do have 360 and 300 pts. The on with 360 pts states I need a C3 in two HL and a D3 in 4 OL + a B3 in maths(OL), and the one with 300 pts is the same but I dont need a B3 in maths.

So if I fail lets say engineering, will i still be applicable to those courses if I score the requirements ?:confused:

Not having an engineering portfolio won't mean you'll fail it. If your project, practical and theory are good you can still get a B

my project is ok..my practical is ok is well..my theory will be brutal.. :P id say i should get about 25/50 for the project part and id say i will fil the thoery..so no chance :(

my project is ok..my practical is ok is well..my theory will be brutal.. :P id say i should get about 25/50 for the project part and id say i will fil the thoery..so no chance :(

If your project and practical are ok you should get at least 32 or 33 out of 50

ya so that means i should pass my theory in order to get 50% overall..and the point is..i dont think i will pass my theory tbh ;/ im fu**ed like ;/

ya so that means i should pass my theory in order to get 50% overall..and the point is..i dont think i will pass my theory tbh ;/ im fu**ed like ;/

Lets say you have 33% from the project and practical, you need 17% to get 50% overall which is only 34% of the theory. Should be no problem if you know anything at all

• Advertisement

hmm..ok and what if i get 17% in my theory..which is 40% overall..will i still pass ? or do i have to pass my theory in order to pass da whole thing ?

hmm..ok and what if i get 17% in my theory..which is 40% overall..will i still pass ? or do i have to pass my theory in order to pass da whole thing ?

I'm fairly sure its a combined mark and you dont have to pass theory

Why do you need 50%? 38% is a pass.

finality wrote: »
    Why do you need 50%? 38% is a pass.

Exactly

I thught 40% was a pass..? anyhow..I am kind of more confident now..now I need to pray I will get at lest 30% in my theory.. wish me luck guys and thanks for all the advice.

I thught 40% was a pass..? anyhow..I am kind of more confident now..now I need to pray I will get at lest 30% in my theory.. wish me luck guys and thanks for all the advice.

Good luck lad

There's a note in the candidate booklet or whatever it's called saying a D grade is awarded with a tolerance of 2% - so you pass with 38% :)

good luck, it sounds like you're going to pass it! :)

Advertisement