Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do malaysia airlines weigh handluggage?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

5kg hand luggage seems v.small amount. i'm wondering do they actually weigh the hand luggage bags?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's highly likely if they have such a low limit that they do. I've seen bag sizing frames in some airports with a weighing scale built in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Flew home through KL and back to Oz with them in Feb/March. Don't remember the hand luggage getting weighed at any point, but the bags were popped on the conveyor for a tag, so they may have been at that stage. check the fine print on the website, most allow 7Kg

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

So they put the hand luggage bag on the conveyor - sounds like they could of weighed them then. What about a handbag? The reason im asking is cos i have small hand weights that i want to bring over with me.their small in size so cud fit in my handbag really but weigh heavy. I cud put them in my handbag maybe till we've p checked in other luggage,transfer them to handluggage before boarding
    And yes i realise i cud just buy some over there but i'll get cranky if i cant do exercise after landing. the boyfriend has visions of me using them on the plane!Tempting, very tempting lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Thief

In my limited experience they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭ellaq

They might weigh your handluggage if your other luggage is over the limit. At the end of the day it is up to the person checking you in whether they will weigh your handbag or not. Malaysian have weighed the handluggage of a relative last year but they were 2kg over the limit on their other luggage.

Not sure but I think you are allowed a handbag with another take-on bag.

Small handweights are available in all the department stores like Target, Big W and KMart and sports stores, and are very cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Why risk it for the sake of handweights? If it was something important fair enough by they're certainly not worth a potential charge if they put you over weight.

Just buy them when you get here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭Sundy

ellaq wrote: »
    They might weigh your handluggage if your other luggage is over the limit. At the end of the day it is up to the person checking you in whether they will weigh your handbag or not. Malaysian have weighed the handluggage of a relative last year but they were 2kg over the limit on their other luggage.

Not sure but I think you are allowed a handbag with another take-on bag.

Small handweights are available in all the department stores like Target, Big W and KMart and sports stores, and are very cheap.

Yeah but she will be really cranky if she cant exercise when she lands.

But yes my advice would be to leave them at home, you will be tired when you get here so it may be better to recover before you exercise.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 dietdiva

The idea is i'm happy to leave the weights at the airport if they weigh bag and it is too happy. if they don't weigh it then happy days i can work out till me hearts content!

Advertisement