Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking For Animal Handling Experience (Cows/Sheep/Pigs)

• 06-06-2012 7:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

I'm a vet student at UCD and I need to spend some time over the summer working with cows/sheep/pigs but I'm new to Ireland and I'm having a lot of trouble finding places that would be willing to allow a student to come and help out.

I had a few leads from classmates, but I haven't been able to reach anyone or set anything up.

This is probably a longshot, but does anyone know of any places where I might be able to do volunteer work with animals that aren't cats/dogs? I live in Dublin but I'm willing to travel anywhere in Ireland to get some hands-on experience this summer.

If anyone knows of any farms or people I could talk to, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Skittles_

UCDVet wrote: »
    I'm a vet student at UCD and I need to spend some time over the summer working with cows/sheep/pigs but I'm new to Ireland and I'm having a lot of trouble finding places that would be willing to allow a student to come and help out.

I had a few leads from classmates, but I haven't been able to reach anyone or set anything up.

This is probably a longshot, but does anyone know of any places where I might be able to do volunteer work with animals that aren't cats/dogs? I live in Dublin but I'm willing to travel anywhere in Ireland to get some hands-on experience this summer.

If anyone knows of any farms or people I could talk to, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance
    Ring the ag building and ask for who evers over animal science/acp student work exparience these days.

Advertisement