Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Server Transfers coming June 12th

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Right now, they are. And if you look at the Official Forums, you'll find people who are happier staying on their server (People who play just with friends, and aren't interested in other people, or enjoy the Single player game so much they're happy to pay for it and like not having people around)

They've stated several times that the transfers are optional, it'll be a while before they go for full mergers, imo.

@Nody: Wouldn't be surprised if that was the case, alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yeah but it also looks bad from a PR perspective if a look of people looking at the server status on the site see "Light" for 85% of servers at peak times. 10 Servers with standard/heavy/very heavy (which is the case right now) would look a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Cina wrote: »
    Yeah but it also looks bad from a PR perspective if a look of people looking at the server status on the site see "Light" for 85% of servers at peak times. 10 Servers with standard/heavy/very heavy (which is the case right now) would look a lot better.

I was thinking exactly the same, it really makes no sense not to do a full merge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Haven't they talked about mega servers? I presume the merge won't happen til then when no 1 gets a choice, and this is a step on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 15,374 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

zuroph wrote: »
    Haven't they talked about mega servers? I presume the merge won't happen til then when no 1 gets a choice, and this is a step on the way

Would be interesting to see an EVE like mega server where everyone is on the one server but different instances.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

It'll probably get to the stage where every region has one server for each type and everyone is instanced, which realistically is what's happened in Europe with these voluntary mergers. I doubt it'll ever end up as being just one instanced server simply because strict PvEers and PvPers can never coexist peacefully. :P

Advertisement