Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HD brows

• 06-06-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Lately I've been hearing a lot about hd eyebrows. I know all the celebs have them and there's more and more salons offering them. Has anyone actually had them done and what's the difference?

Comments

Moved from the Ladies' Lounge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

A friend of mine got them done and is always raving on about them...they do look pretty cool in fairness!

I just can't justify spending money to do my brows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

Here is a link with some info on them...also you can see the difference in the pics they have up. Luckily enough I can do my own :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I am getting these done next week. My eyebrows are a but thin. As overpricing was the fashion in the 90's!

Will let u know how I get on! They look amazing and for 35? Not too expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HungryFish

Quality wrote: »
    I am getting these done next week. My eyebrows are a but thin. As overpricing was the fashion in the 90's!

Please do. I'd really like to know what they're like and all about!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Pixiwoo did a video recently where one of them got the HD brows done. Shows exactly what happens :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Quality wrote: »

Dying to know how you get on! My eyebrows are quite thin too and I haven't got them professionally plucked in years. They don't take much upkeep but I would love them more defined. However I thought that it might be a bit of a waste getting the HD treatment on them because they're so thin.

Will be getting done on Thursday I will do before and after pictures if they are any good! :)

So got my appointment. And had a great chat with the girl on the phone. It takes a half an hour and you have to do a patch test 48 hrs before. So I collected the patch test and she gave me a little booklet to go with it.

Receptionist has it done and she said her eyebrows were originally very thin. That it does take a few months for them to thicken up. But you have to be prepared not to pluck or wax and just have them done by beautician!

So booked in for thurs and can't wait to see them for myself! :)

Oh it takes a half an hour and it's 35 euro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Dying to hear how you get on Quality! You'll have to take before and after pics! Where are you getting them done?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I got them done in Brown Sugar a while ago having seen another poster here post before and after pics that looked great - and everybody was saying how much of a difference it makes.

It went well but I would not pay to have it done again. My brows are ok naturally - not as thick as I'd like and they tend to sit funny. Basically the only improvement from the HD treatment was the tinting.

So I've decided to just return to getting them threaded and I now get them tinted too. It's much cheaper and it looks exactly the same.

I am getting them done in la spa therapie.

Would see how they go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

I got HD Brows done 2 weeks ago, so thought I would share some photos as I know a lot of you are probably curious to see the results :)

I left my eyebrows for a good 6 months before getting them done - and yes, let me tell you it was near on torturous to resist the urge to get them waxed and keep the tweezers away - this coming from someone who's a near daily plucker!

I booked in to get them done again in another 2 months time in order to have some more regrowth to work with.

Honestly though, I'm not sure I'd get them done again. I think I may just stick to threading and tinting in future. Will see how the next session goes however and will update then.

Before: (Please excuse the makeup free face and hairy caterpillars!)

They are gorgeous. Your eye brows were lovely and full before hand.

Wish mine were that thick! She is gonna have some job with me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭Belle Morte

Thanks Quality, they're not at all though!

I've been trying to grow them out for aaages, I love the thick, defined eyebrow look.

The lady who did my brows was trying to sell me the HD Brows Grow Baby Grow serum, I didn't have much faith in it though, so passed on it.

I think I've been over plucking my brows for years, so I'm gonna try very hard not to touch them between visits, hopefully I'll have more to update next time! :)

Best of luck with yours, let us know how you get on! I'm dying to see the results.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 x167346

I started to get HD brows about 3 months ago and would not live without them now. At the time I thought my eyebrows were ok but after getting them done and looking back on old photos I see such a difference. I only need to get a HD tidy up now as I used the grow baby grow and they are a perfect shape now! :) Would definitely recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Shauna16

I would highly recommend these! Have had them done about 3 times now and can see a huge improvement in the shape and thickness of my brows, my pencil thin brows are deffinately improving! I pay €25 and get them done every 4-5 weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Twinkleboots

I Love the concept of HD brows but I am blonde ( naturally with some lights) and I am not sure they would suit me. A blonde friend of mine got hers done and they look ridiculous to be completely honest, there are way too dark for her colouring. Is there any way you can get HD brows done to suit your colouring or are they only really suitable for brunnettes and darker haired ladies?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I got my brows waxed and tinted a few times in a beauticians and am amazed at the difference it makes to my face.

I've started tinting mine at home now and it didnt turn out too bad :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

Anybody have recommendations for somewhere to get these done? Somewhere that won't leave me with very obvious fake eyebrows/ :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

I just stick to faking it with good old make up. At least that way I can wash it off. No offense to anyone, but anyone I've seen with HD Brows just looks like Groucho Marx. I just pluck my own eyebrows at home, haven't been to a salon in about 5 years.
    The whole HD thing is a gimmick in my opinion. A normal wax and tint would do just as well and is a fraction of the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭PlayGirl

Also looking for a recommendation for somewhere to get these in Dublin city centre..

Or just good threading in general, I don't have naturally nice eyebrows so need somewhere good as I have had many disasters of places unable to tame my long wiry brows so they just kept threading instead of trimming or anything :(

Advertisement