Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Denied my prize by radio station

Options
  • 06-06-2012 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

Was it a local station or a national station.

I've been fortunate enough to win a few things on both national & local radio, one was a fairly substantial prize well for me anyway, got it no problems. the other smaller prizes that I've won a few times I've also received no problem.

So I wouldn't say it was the norm myself, you should definitely chase things up though, might have been an honest mistake on their part.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Anything I've ever won on the radio has turned up. Is there any chance they've got the address wrong?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Did you ask for the elephant? :D

Seriously though thats very bad form

• Registered Users Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭rameire

also won a few prizes over the years on the radio.
    most prizes are sent out via a third party, or the company promoting the competition so it is out of the radio stations hands. but they do collect the information so that the prizes can be sent. the delivery times range from a week to 8 weeks.
    back in the day, 10 or so years ago, I used to have to pick up the prizes from the radio station.
    if you are not getting results from email, telephone or snail mail, the other options would be use twitter or facemuck to contact the radio station, assuming they have twit or facemuck.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement