Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rat shot in a 22lr

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Lads jus a bit of a question that's been playing on my mind I'm after buying a new cz 452 synthetic and was wondering would rat shot rounds damage the barrel or is it jus a myth I remember hearing it before somewhere. Thanks in advance for any replies

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

Clinty wrote: »
    Lads jus a bit of a question that's been playing on my mind I'm after buying a new cz 452 synthetic and was wondering would rat shot rounds damage the barrel or is it jus a myth I remember hearing it before somewhere. Thanks in advance for any replies

No not at all, perfectly safe, used them for years with no problems, if I remember right they were expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

They are rubbish unless you plan on shooting something about five feet away. the cci ones would be alright because they are in a plastic casing but i don't like the fedral ones they are a crimped yoke look like a blank i would'nt imagine they would be to good if you were firing a load of them. They seem to come into contact with the rifling in my gun anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭hedzball

grand just dont use a mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Tried the Rat shot from the CZ 22lr and they will cover an A4 sheet of paper @20y so you will need to get in close to use them.

Don't use a mod as the shot opens out and starts to spread out at the muzzel.

Advertisement