Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Westport Festival

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭

hi all, myself and some of the lads recently got tickets for this and i have to say first of all the line up looks deadly and i'm really looking forward to going to it.

but the ticket situation is nothing short of a joke.

everytime you talk to someone you get a different answer - not the fault of people you speak to i just think they're ill informed.

upon first consulting the website couple of months back it was stated that tickets were available through xtra vision.

a few of us were waiting to see how many of us were going to get full numbers - had final numbers there a few weeks back went in to get our tickets in xtra vision only to be told all the camping tickets were gone only 2 day tickets left - check it out online and this appeared to be the case for everyone - back to xtra vision - payed for tickets told they will be posted to us.

looking at facebook page the other day i see people giving out about the re-release of camping tickets - apparently now they're are camping tickets still available???

my friend rings up the booking number and the office explains our situation says they cant help him out as its being handled by another company, so this is what 3 different companies (westport festival, xtra vision and this other company?) all handling tickets.

so we now have non camping tickets which we only bought cause we were told there was no camping tickets available - which are now actually available but only if you buy them through the website which was never stated before but now according to the box office there is only 30 left??

so we are now left with what no option? xtra vision cant give us our camping tickets cause they dont have them, box office cant refund us cause we didnt buy them from them, i have no problem with them selling tickets whatever ways they see fit but jesus lads at least state it clearly.

has anyone else had any such problems??
    or are we just stupidly unlucky - well according to their fb page were not but i cant seem to see those posts anymore

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 poobear 2020

Yea same happened to me lad!!!!:confused:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

You need to get in touch with the festival organisers and explain everything to them. Regardless it should ocme back to them as they are organising the festival. I'd be very surprised if you weren't sorted out. Alternatively stay close by and get a taxi to the venue, taxi's are very cheap down there. Should be no more than a fiver to get from any point in Westport to another. Well that's generally the case.

Locking this thread now, but feel free to post in the large thread on the festival.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement