Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"please wait until...." ukash virus

• 06-06-2012 8:25pm
    Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭

hi all

a friedn has asked me to have a look at his laptop.. and its seriously sick

it has this virus on it

problem is i cant access ANY of the safe mode options... they all lead to this white screen lock out.

anyone any ideas of other methods to get to a safe mode start up option?

OS is XP (r) build 2600 SP2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

if you cant get into your bois or you cant get into startup options your going have to do a reinstall of the os and that means formatting the disc.
    or you can try this http://www.hiren.info/pages/bootcd burn it to cd and boot from it and use one of the scanners on it to try and remove the virus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

You could also create a bootable USB with a virus scanner on it. I use YUMI from pendrivelinux, (Windows or Linux versions), to create a bootable USB and have Kapersky scanner on it.

The vast majority of infections come from following dodgy links and installing things willy nilly.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,787 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

i managed to get access to an internet explorer window which was open under the "debugging mode"... (why it was there i have no idea... there was NOTHING else...)

from that i saved everything from my documents.

then i reinstalled the OS as a clean install and reloaded the documents.

so good as new i hope.

also put free avg and ccleaner on there.. they had no antivirus/malware at all.

Advertisement