Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gift vouchers

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Today while doing a major spring clean today I found a gift voucher for a chemist in Tramore that I had completely forgotten about. It has gone way way past the 6 month expiry date on the voucher. Does anyone know what the story is with redeeming out of date vouchers? I checked out the citizens info website but couldn't find anything and it's too late in the evening to ring them... My common sense is telling me that they can't not take the voucher because then they would be receiving money for no services rendered. Has anyone had any experiences like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭sunnysoutheast

HungryFish wrote: »
    Today while doing a major spring clean today I found a gift voucher for a chemist in Tramore that I had completely forgotten about. It has gone way way past the 6 month expiry date on the voucher. Does anyone know what the story is with redeeming out of date vouchers? I checked out the citizens info website but couldn't find anything and it's too late in the evening to ring them... My common sense is telling me that they can't not take the voucher because then they would be receiving money for no services rendered. Has anyone had any experiences like this?

You might be better off researching in the consumer issues forum, but I seem to recall a discussion that as long as the voucher has the expiry date clearly printed on it then it is void if the date has expired.

Having said that the shop might honour the voucher out of goodwill, particularly if you offer to use it in part-payment for something.

Of course the other risk with gift vouchers is that the shop will go bust before you get a chance to use it, which is why I'm not a fan of them.

SSE

Advertisement