Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Return Jeans

Options
  • 06-06-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I bought a pair of Jeans, never worn and tried them on in the shop and it was a tight enough fit but I thought they were just right, so I purchased them. Now when I got home I took all tags off and tried them on again, same tight fit but too be honest, they just don't look right on me. They are like a pair of skinny jeans.

So what I am asking can I just bring them back to the shop and say they are too small, and ask for a refund? It says on receipt " We are happy to offer refund or exchange on items returned within 30 days of purchase."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭Zab

You should be able to. You have no automatic right to a refund if you don't like something but in this case the retailer seems to have a policy giving your exactly that right. However, some of them will stipulate in their Ts&Cs that you have to have left the tags on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

The problem here is that you took the tags off. If you still have the tags, take them back to the shop along with the jeans and ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Some shops don't mind if the tags are removed but clothes obviously not worn (I won't name names just in case people get the idea to chance their arm for some). Others will require tags etc. to be still intact.

As said above, it's really a matter for the shop and best to ask for a manager straight away

Advertisement