Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sprog Popping

• 06-06-2012 9:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭

This really is going out to all the single people and couples who never want kids.

Do you think it's fair that all of us childless people pay for these people that want to produce babys to this ****ed world.

quote:

"In 2012 Child Benefit is €140 per month for each of the first two children. From 1 Jaunary 2012 the rate for the third child is €148 and for the 4th and each subsequent child is €160. "

Should people get rules for not producing sprogs , like china or japan.

And before u say it im not talking about people that live in caravans.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Don't trolls have children?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

I've always thought that some people really don't think about the cost of having a child. It is said that the cost of raising a child to the age of 21 costs roughly 250 grand.

It probably wouldn't be a financially responsible decision for a struggling couple to buy a Ferrari 458 Italia with a 21 year mortgage, but at least in that case the car can be scrapped at the end of this time instead of breaking into houses and shooting up heroin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Child Benefit is not means tested in Ireland, is it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Don't trolls have children?

Children are trolls. They should be seen not heard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,258 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Should people who don't drive have to pay for the roads?

Should people who don't commit crime have to pay for the police?

Should normal boards users have to pay for bridges?

• Advertisement

Well the way I see it, a baby boom in Ireland may cost the exchequer money now, but it means when I eventually get to retire hopefully they'll all be supporting me. So I say more shagging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Pfffft. 140 a month isn't gonna go far with a sprog - might just about cover nappies, if you buy them in Aldi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

How many earth years have you existed ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

Should people who don't drink have to pay for all the drunk ones in A&E over the weekend. Cos they cost the country a huge amount in more than just hospital costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Pity your mother and father didn't think like you op.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,148 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Well when my child grows up and gets a job she'll paying for your old age pension and medical card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

It! probably wouldn't be a financially responsible decision for a struggling couple to buy a Ferrari 458 Italia with a 21 year mortgage, but at least in that case the car can be scrapped at the end of this time instead of breaking into houses and shooting up heroin.

Is that all kids do these days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

The old-age pension is about €800 a month, those children will eventually be paying that when you are old.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

MrStuffins wrote: »

No, Yes, And only if the troll under it demands payment.
    nicowa wrote: »
    Should people who don't drink have to pay for all the drunk ones in A&E over the weekend. Cos they cost the country a huge amount in more than just hospital costs.

We drinkers do pay for it given the high duties on drink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jased10s

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Pity your mother and father didn't think like you op.

no they put me in care. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

I think it's disgraceful.
    How do I get out of paying for these small children that insist on following me about and call me mom?
    We should all just stop funding the brats.
    Vive le revolution.
    Whoo!!

and they get a poop room in the jacks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

jased10s wrote: »
    and they get a poop room in the jacks.

Wouldnt that normally be where poop is done? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Who do you think will be paying your old age pension and your health bills latter on in life, those spots!

Just like the oap's now paid your child benefit and college fees...

Boomerang!

I'll be banging hoes and licking rock , retirement i dont think i will make.

And babys smell of ****e and off milk..

And their mums clip my ankles with their buggys while i shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

jased10s wrote: »
    I'll be banging hoes and licking rock , retirement i dont think i will make.

And babys smell of ****e and off milk..

And their mums clip my ankles with their buggys while i shop.

I used to live in town, and the crowds would pi$$ me off - people in the way all the feckin time and all I wanted was to get a pint of milk.
    So I'd ram them all down with the buggy, like moses and that sea, and then smile sweetly and say 'sorry' to anyone that gave me an indignant look.

It was because of this that I knew I'd have dreadful road rage when I learnt to drive.
    And sure enough I did/do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,357 ✭✭✭Fiona

I don't have an issue with child benefit etc, what I do have a problem with is it being assumed in my job that I will be taking some time off to have kids and being passed over for promotion because of it or else not being paid the same as a male for doing the same job.

Hard thing to prove but we all know it happens.

HOWEVER, I understand why it happens but I would like it marked down on my file please no children now treat me like a man in the office please!

I also feel that women who want to have kids should not be teachers I think the maternity leave interferes with the childs education, it happened in my school we always had crappy stand in teachers while one teacher in particular was on constant maternity leave.

Rant over ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Fiona wrote: »
    I don't have an issue with child benefit etc, what I do have a problem with is it being assumed in my job that I will be taking some time off to have kids and being passed over for promotion because of it or else not being paid the same as a male for doing the same job.

Hard thing to prove but we all know it happens.

HOWEVER, I understand why it happens but I would like it marked down on my file please no children now treat me like a man in the office please!

Maybe some type of maternity contract could be drawn up, whereby you sign a promise not to get pregnant, and if you do, they get to sue you?

Seriously. It'd definitely stop some hoors from riding the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

I really think we should all consider detonating a huge nuclear bomb. It's humans that are the real cause of the financial problems and if we take humans out of the equation then the problem is fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Well when my child grows up and gets a job she'll paying for your old age pension and medical card.
    Owen_S wrote: »
    The old-age pension is about €800 a month, those children will eventually be paying that when you are old.

Can you put in a no emigration clause there so we can take your word at the gospel truth? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

MrStuffins wrote: »

Jaysus Stuffins, your knickers are right up between the cheeks on this one.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

I also feel that women who want to have kids should not be teachers I think the maternity leave interferes with the childs education, it happened in my school we always had crappy stand in teachers while one teacher in particular was on constant maternity leave.

Rant over ;)

That's actually weird - I have a friend who's a teacher - managed to get pregnant so she'd be due in September- gets extended maternity leave - goes back in May for two weeks (communion time - so no real work) and off for the summer. She went back to work this September - met her there a few weeks ago and she's pregnant again - when is she due? That's right, end of September.
    It's crazy!

That's actually weird - I have a friend who's a teacher - managed to get pregnant so she'd be due in September- gets extended maternity leave - goes back in May for two weeks (communion time - so no real work) and off for the summer. She went back to work this September - met her there a few weeks ago and she's pregnant again - when is she due? That's right, end of September.
    It's crazy!

I rest my case!

grindle wrote: »
    Maybe some type of maternity contract could be drawn up, whereby you sign a promise not to get pregnant, and if you do, they get to sue you?

Possibly or else reduced maternity leave benefits.

• Advertisement

Possibly or else reduced maternity leave benefits.

Seems too much like a compromise... Some people might even call it fair.

I say we crucify the child seconds after it's born.

She won't be doing that again.

I say we crucify the child seconds after it's born.

Harsh...... but fair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I dont think it was the system riding that got them....Oh I'll be quite now ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yeah burn all the children I say.

I wonder though,since i'm 28,would employers really be reluctant to take me on because they assume I want to start up a conveyor belt of babies?

I wonder though,since i'm 28,would employers really be reluctant to take me on because they assume I want to start up a conveyor belt of babies?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

I'll be proud to have made someone else rich when I die alone.

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    I'll be proud to have made someone else rich when I die alone.

Just cos you have kids doesn't mean they will be at your bedside when you croak it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

Yes.

awh crap. i suppose it's good that I look about 20 so, they might think i'm some way away from having them yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Yeah burn all the children I say.

If you were an employer, would you be reluctant?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

That guy pilot had the right idea, kill all first born....sure fcuk it kill em all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Dónal wrote: »
    Well the way I see it, a baby boom in Ireland may cost the exchequer money now, but it means when I eventually get to retire hopefully they'll all be supporting me. So I say more shagging.
    What he said.
    OP needs to have a good look round and put the blame where it belongs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 786 ✭✭✭Kurz

It's killing me. I wish I could pump out money like I pump out babies and potential babies. It's almost as if there's a biological system functioning that doesn't prioritise economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Battered Mars Bar

I suspect FF wanted child benefit for their own sprogs too. Can't be easy raising kids on the 100's of thousands they got in salary and expenses and perks each year. So why hasn't super enda sorted this yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I wouldn't be too quick in "Pilot-ing" kids..............

Who's gonna pay Germany back for the next trillions years if we do?

Advertisement