Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Volvo Ocean Race Jobs

Options
  • 06-06-2012 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hey guys,
    Seeing as I can't seem to find any part time work I'm just wondering is there any temporary work going on in the city for the volvo ocean races. I know various companies take on people during the galway races but does anybody know what the story is for the volvo ocean races? I'm a student and badly in need of money for my next year of college. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭milehip1

I know that the Meryick hotel ran the bar at the docks and maybe some of the catering last time it was in town,maybe give then a cal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Creole Restaurant in Dominick Street have a sign up looking for people as does nearly ever pub and club in the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

milehip1 wrote: »
    I know that the Meryick hotel ran the bar at the docks and maybe some of the catering last time it was in town,maybe give then a cal

They're advertising for positions - listen into GBFM for the details.

Previous bar/beverage work required.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭deltakilo

Open day in the Meyrick Hotel on Tuesday & Wednesday next week for bar staff for the Ocean race.
    Just turn up on the day and fill in application form.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Rob A. Bank

Masterchefs Hospitality, which has secured the catering contract for the event, have 200 catering jobs at the Volvo Ocean Race global village.

According to Galway News

"The interview process for the positions will begin in mid-June."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ArtyC

Lydon house I would say, great for nixers working races as well are good for part time bar work.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 NUIGer

I got an interview with Masterchefs Hospitality to work during the Volvo Ocean Race...Anyone have tips for the interview? Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭dasium

NUIGer wrote: »
    I got an interview with Masterchefs Hospitality to work during the Volvo Ocean Race...Anyone have tips for the interview? Thanks :)

Even if you don't have a lot (or maybe no experience) in the hospitality trade.... think of any interactions you may had with people, tell how personable you are etc. they will realise most of the experienced bar/food staff in the city will have work... if you have any experience, tell how you enjoyed it, the interaction with people etc, worked hard, timely, maintained high personal standards ....

arrive well groomed, if a girl hair tied back/ don't over do it with makeup (food handling requirements), a guy shaved, nails clean etc... appearance will count a lot as they will weed out potential problems in seconds by a glance.

Good luck

Aw thanks a mil for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 PonyBootz

Is it too late to apply? Can find a link anywhere.

• Advertisement

PonyBootz wrote: »
    Is it too late to apply? Can find a link anywhere.

Am i applied for it on jobs.ie and they've taken the link down so maybe they've picked people for the interview already....look out for other part-time work at festivals during the summer tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 l.

is anybody working in the marine tent for the volvo ocean race? where is it located? do we get uniforms on the day? i missed much of the induction because of a family emergency and i am starting tomorrow.

Advertisement