Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CDs - what are they worth these days?

Options
  • 06-06-2012 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33,691 ✭✭✭✭

I have maybe 300 CD albums, and maybe a few hundred CD singles and was wondering if there is any value in them at all?

I know a lot of people only deal with MP3s and ripped music these days, but I was considering taking them to a car boot sale and seeing if I could shift them that way.

Or perhaps as a job lot on DoneDeal or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 72,737 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

CD singles will be harder to get rid of than albums, all mine ended up at a car boot sale or charity shop. I recommend ebay or opening a 'shop' on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

I'd setup an e-bay shop. I know that I have spent a fortune on CDs recently through e-bay. I've spent upwards of €25+ on several out of date CDs.

You're bound to make a small fortune through e-bay if you have anything decent to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,691 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'd setup an e-bay shop. I know that I have spent a fortune on CDs recently through e-bay. I've spent upwards of €25+ on several out of date CDs.

You're bound to make a small fortune through e-bay if you have anything decent to sell.

Can't see myself making much tbh, I thought that I'd be lucky to get €1 per CD. Didn't think there'd be much demand. I did have a handful of SACDs that I did get loads for, but my CDs now are more of the standard issue stuff.

No idea about setting up an eBay shop - is it easy to do? Does it cost you any more than the usual way of selling?

Advertisement