Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please someone PM me the details of 'tutors' for AC

• 06-06-2012 9:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭

I know it's wishful thinking but if/when recruitment opens, I'm gunna make d**n sure I'm ready this time! Anyone with any one's details who offers this kind of training/tutoring please PM me asap :) Thanks xx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29 M2010

Pass the details on to me if you get any info regarding tutoring wannabe please :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 365 ✭✭wannabe2010

Will do M :) probably not too many people on this board these days cuz of total lack of any hope lol :(

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭1967J

Would be interested in this also thanks

If anyone has details please PM me and if you would like me to forward the PM to you, just say so on here no probs...... hopefully someone with info will notice this thread sooner or later lol :\

Info PMed to two people on this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Thunderball19

Could you forward any details onto me, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭heffomike54

Same here please :) Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DawgElite

These are a waste of time. I've been to many of them who charge in excess of £45 for 3 hours to sit and do Matchs calculations and Shake other peoples hands.

If you have reached the AC once before you no exactly what to expect. Don't waste money lining the pockets of others for no reason. I calculated that at one of the "Tutor" groups I went to the person taking it had made £765 No Doubt Tax-Free. I'm not surprised he was smiling on the way out.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭notbrazil

I think the tutoring classes are useful for some people. It depends if you have any background in customer service. Assuming that the AC in future campaigns will be the same as previous years, it all boils down to a test of your customer service skills.

The essence of what you learn in these classes is this; in any public service scenario, you will be expected to 'problem solve'. This is done by telling them:-

i) What you can do for them,
    ii) What the organisation (hotel, swimming pool, shopping centre, etc) can do for them,
    iii) What they can do for themselves.

That's it. However, if you have no public service experience, the classes might be a good idea. No contact details from me, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭D4z

To be honest I had a friend who went to these classes and completely failed. I think they are a waste of time and they just see you coming. I went to one session and never went back again which I'm thankful for as what we done that night was nothing related to anything in the 2nd stage.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,811 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Since nobody knows what recruitment will look like this year, this thread is of no use to us anymore.

Closed.

-Shield.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement