Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids falling down drunk in Ballsbridge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

As long as them kids puke into someone else's garden or damage someone else's car, it's funny, isn't it? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Ah memories :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

the mrs is at deadmau5 now, says all the kids are off their face pukin. Noice!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79067358&postcount=5

Post on another forum of a girl falling under a DART.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

flipper87 wrote: »
    the mrs is at deadmau5 now, says all the kids are off their face pukin. Noice!
    Feckin cradle-snatcher.:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭flipper87

Pottler wrote: »
    Feckin cradle-snatcher.:D

I wish!! shes older than me :( she'll do though ha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79067358&postcount=5

Post on another forum of a girl falling under a DART.

Oh god, that's awful.
    Hope the girl is alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I remember having a sneaky one or two from about 15/16 onwards but never got drunk. Would have been blue murder in the house if I had come in drunk at that age. I would have probably been 19 or so before I would have been proper drunk but still hid it when I got in :o

Where are these kids folks?
    If they are coming in in such a bad condition what are the parents doing about it?
    I can honestly say that if I had come home in that condition at that age it would have been six months before I would have been allowed go past the hall door!

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I remember having a sneaky one or two from about 15/16 onwards but never got drunk. Would have been blue murder in the house if I had come in drunk at that age. I would have probably been 19 or so before I would have been proper drunk but still hid it when I got in :o

If they are coming in in such a bad condition what are the parents doing about it?
    I can honestly say that if I had come home in that condition at that age it would have been six months before I would have been allowed go past the hall door!

You either stay at a friends house, 'stay at a friends house', sneak in without your parents noticing, or start drinking early in the day so by the time you go home you're fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

They'll be gettin' the ride later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Oh god, that's awful.

Awful for anyone that might know the girl and ends up reading about the incident on Boards before being informed about it.

Awful for anyone that might know the girl and ends up reading about the incident on Boards before being informed about it.

I was thinking that too.

Initially I was sure it was my sister - she gets into these types of situations alot.
    And my heart was pounding trying to find out more info.
    Then sure I saw her on fb, so was grand.

But anyway then I looked up the news sites and couldn't see anything - thought that was strange.
    Surely they'd know that people talk, and word would get round fairly fast - so they'd be better off giving a statement.

mishkalucy wrote: »

too stoned to notice.(<--that's joking, Smash!) Anyway, my 15 year old is taller than me, worldlier than me and has way more friends than me. It's getting to the point where I have to ask his permission to do stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

All this talk of "where are the parents?" is pure bs. We all know what it's like because we all did it when we were younger. I used to drink before concerts and discos and my parents certainly are not scumbags, drunks or junkies!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh god, that's awful.

Here is my account of while I was on that DART train tonight. I hope she is doing alright.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79066964&postcount=1

There were plenty of youngs lads and girls possibly from the northside while I was on the 7 bus tonight. There was a lot of them all heading up towards Simmonscourt Road probably for the actual gig. It was a mad atmosphere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

You either stay at a friends house, 'stay at a friends house', sneak in without your parents noticing, or start drinking early in the day so by the time you go home you're fine.

That sounds like you were an old hand at it ;)

Wouldn't have mattered because same rules went for my friends as in my house(some were even stricter tbh)

• Site Banned Posts: 69 ✭✭Invader_Zimmy

I am not joking, social service authorities should take these children from the parents and make them wards of the state. Such bad parenting is unacceptable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers".

- Socrates (470 – 399 BC)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Please close thread until confirmation of events is available.

I am not joking, social service authorities should take these children from the parents and make them wards of the state. Such bad parenting is unacceptable.
    And the award for inadvertently funny post of the year, goes to..^^^^:D Become a ward of the state, your life and discipline can only get better, unless they lose you in a B&B or you die, or a priest etc rides you, ohh, sounds good on so many levels..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Mech1 wrote: »
    Please close thread until confirmation of events is available.

Here is the proof available for everyone to see.

http://www.rds.ie/cat_event_detail.jsp?itemID=1099470

Jesus; a mighty high price for a ticket for that event tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Agreed. Any parent who lets their child listen to Deadmau5 should be shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Agreed. Any parent who lets their child listen to Deadmau5 should be shot.

I honestly can't see how these kids could like him. I don't have any major problems with him (lets face it he does have some decent stuff) but it just isn't your typical teen dance music. A few years back the ***** couldn't get enough of **** like dj rankin and his squeaky voiced balls music.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I honestly can't see how these kids could like him. I don't have any major problems with him (lets face it he does have some decent stuff) but it just isn't your typical teen dance music. A few years back the ***** couldn't get enough of **** like dj rankin and his squeaky voiced balls music.

He's famous and you don't have to look hard to find his music.

Even in the age of the internet teenagers are lazy *****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

He's famous and you don't have to look hard to find his music.

Even in the age of the internet teenagers are lazy *****.

Maybe I've got them wrong, but I'd think they would be more inclined to go for the likes of Aviici or Guetta than Deadmau5? Its not like his tunes are bangin from the second they start, they're generally much slower to build up and quite sparse in some cases too. I just can't envision 13-15 year olds at his gigs. Anyway, thats probably a discussion best left for the Electronic Music & DJ'ing forum than AH :D

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Work and live in the area....so that is what was going on today? Lovely, I assume it was one of these c**ts that smashed in a side window on my car. God send death unto them, cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭PickledLime

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Now I know Wesley and places like it exist and Lord knows I had the odd underage pissup back in my black and white times but-

outside the RDS this evening there was bunches of 13/14 yos absolutely polluted falling around the place, puking, landing on cars. At 5 feckin PM. im sure someone can let me know what was going on, but i dont really care. their parents, their off license suppliers and the kids themselves ought to be proper ashamed, it looked grim beyond grim

Lightweights.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers".

- Socrates (470 – 399 BC)

History repeats itself in cycles. And with each cycle it gets a little bit worse than the previous cycle...

DarkJager wrote: »
    Maybe I've got them wrong, but I'd think they would be more inclined to go for the likes of Aviici or Guetta than Deadmau5? Its not like his tunes are bangin from the second they start, they're generally much slower to build up and quite sparse in some cases too. I just can't envision 13-15 year olds at his gigs. Anyway, thats probably a discussion best left for the Electronic Music & DJ'ing forum than AH :D

Most likely, or else we could derail this thread.:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Brendog

In fairness OP when your bed time is 10pm you're gonna go on the lash early in the day.

Advertisement