Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turtle Beach X11 Faukt

Options
  • 06-06-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭

Howdy,
    looking for some advice before I go looking at repairs etc. I've a set of X11s over a year now and the last few days they've been giving me hassle. I can barely hear whoever I'm chatting with and they can hear me but distorted. I've got everything connected right and the preferences right. All clues point to a fault but I'm wondering if anyone has similar experience? Also believe NAT settings mainly effect chat, but I have all the right ports open.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

niallon wrote: »
    Howdy,
    looking for some advice before I go looking at repairs etc. I've a set of X11s over a year now and the last few days they've been giving me hassle. I can barely hear whoever I'm chatting with and they can hear me but distorted. I've got everything connected right and the preferences right. All clues point to a fault but I'm wondering if anyone has similar experience? Also believe NAT settings mainly effect chat, but I have all the right ports open.
    Sounds like your headset is borked, sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wane

Get yourself a set of Turtle Beach PX21's .. last price i know was £50 in tesco. You are based back home and I am in uk hence the sterling.
    They are compatible with Xbox, Playstation 3 and PC .Bargain really when I consider my purcahse of X11's lasted about a year and then broke but cost £80 and was only compatible with Xbox, then I get my hands on the PX21 which are so much better !!! .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

Cheers for the info guys, was thinking it's time for a new headset alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nanook5

please dont get px 21 there terrible . They are know to have a fault in the left ear cup that all sound stops working ,this happened to me and they only lasted 6 months before that and i kept mine in pristine condition never dropped them once

I'm a cheap b**tard and was able to get X12s cheap through work, doing the job great and a very nice improvement on the X11s!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 Wane

Out of curisosity, how much did you pay for them. My son bought a pair of X12's yesterday from gamestation and they were £40.

€60 in Smyths but I have staff discount on top of that too ;D

Advertisement