Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

adwords help

Options
  • 06-06-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi all,

I've been using Google adwords for about 5 years, never really had a proper lesson and find it tough getting a clear picture by searching on line.

Also, know theres plenty of gangsters out there who'll try to tell me I need their expert expensive advice, when all I really need is someone who can look at my campaign and tell me simply how to get it going properly.

I dont mind paying someone, just looking for a good deal and good advice.

Thanks, Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

You need to plan before starting a campaing when i start my ppc campaing i generally make a list of keywords that are converting well like a web designing company which is situated in florida is putting their dollars on keyword "web designing" it's seems to be a good move at first as they are targeting web designing if you have high budget then it's not bad but if you have strict budget then it will be more better to target "web designing florida" which will convert more and also you need to check competition for a particular keyword.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Flygroove

Thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Have you looked at your keyword match options, such as broad, exact, modified broad match etc?

Have you looked at negative keywords? (words or terms you don't want your ads to appear for?)

Have you considered day parting if you are working off a limited budget?

Is your conversion/analytics tracking code working? Are you working off a cost per lead, or just trying to drive traffic to the site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

Flygroove wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been using Google adwords for about 5 years, never really had a proper lesson and find it tough getting a clear picture by searching on line.

Also, know theres plenty of gangsters out there who'll try to tell me I need their expert expensive advice, when all I really need is someone who can look at my campaign and tell me simply how to get it going properly.

I dont mind paying someone, just looking for a good deal and good advice.

Thanks, Dave

AdWords campaigns need constant tweaking and you'll need to understand quite a lot of technical data to be competent to try the marketing part. Yes, a great ad is a marketing function but targeting broad keywords will compromise any campaign.

If you want to get the technical part right, Google provides all of the technical how-to and glossary as part of its Google AdWords Certification programmes. I'd suggest you start there - you can pretty much take it as de facto.

If you understand Conversion Rates, cost per conversion, profit-per-sale, A/B Testing - then you should be ok. If you don't, I'd consider hiring a PPC Agency to manage your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

Take the AdWords certified partner program. And ignore 90% of what you read about Quality Score online!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

PM'd the OP to offer help and no response....so not sure if he'll be back!

Advertisement