Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slugs having a get together on my walls!!!

Options
  • 06-06-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

For the last few weeks Slugs have been having a party on the walls off my house, but this last week has taken the biscuit this morning when out the back door and it was like some thing from a horror film the little feckers were every where. I counted 146 of them mainly located on the back wall of the house..
    whats happening? why is my house to attractive? are the posting invites on slug facebook?

I've set up some beer traps but with the sheer numbers are over wheming them.

is there a better way of keeping them away.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

Spray along the bottom of the wall with WD40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

No idea why they are on your house but rest assured there are a finite number of slugs. Just collect them and dispose of them. Easily done for you as they are handily on your walls and not in your soil eating your plants!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have been known to put a good handful of rock salt in the bottom of an old tin, a pair of grippy tweezers and try and fill the tin.
    If they don't reproduce they don't increase in numbers.
    The rock salt just dessicates them in no time.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 healyon

Ive heard if you draw a line of chalk they wont cross it

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

get a few chickens, they wouldn't be long sorting them for you:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

healyon wrote: »
    Ive heard if you draw a line of chalk they wont cross it

do they wait for the green man before crossing?

Advertisement