Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belly button fluff

• 06-06-2012 10:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭

Why is it always blue and I only wear black TShirts.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭bryaner

Because your fat!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

bryaner wrote: »
    Because your fat!!

Cof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

But why is it always blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Depends on if you're an innie or an outie in my esteemed medical opinion.

Or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

Hootanany wrote: »
    For the same reason the sky is blue. Doh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Apparently the colour of your belly button fluff depends on the colour of your clothes. It tends to be blue because that's the "average" colour of the clothes people tend to wear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Mould - try washing and drying fully.

Gbear wrote: »
    Apparently the colour of your belly button fluff depends on the colour of your clothes. It tends to be blue because that's the "average" colour of the clothes people tend to wear.

Nope. Black T shirt all the time for me and I'm not a Goff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

chin_grin wrote: »

your gay!! it was intentional nerd (probably)

Also I never get bellybutton fluff, but as a kid I used to get massive bellybutton infections that spewed yellow gunk all over the shop. Was a good deterent for getting people away from me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,465 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

It's blue because it's blue, therefore it's blue Q.E.D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 99 ✭✭bokkenspiel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When I wear red t-shirts I have red fluff so it is colour of your clothes. Look at the fluff of a dryer, it's nearly always navy/grey/blue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Perhaps you are rotting inside and some sort of navy poison is seeping out and dying the fluff navy? I'd go see a doctor/undertaker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,808 ✭✭✭✭chin_grin

cocoshovel wrote: »
    your gay!! it was intentional nerd (probably)

Also I never get bellybutton fluff, but as a kid I used to get massive bellybutton infections that spewed yellow gunk all over the shop. Was a good deterent for getting people away from me

Ffff*ck, just thought of that scene in Kevin and Perry go large.....eugh.

But yeah I get fluff too...cos I'm fat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭AngryHippie

Because your t-shirt isn't black, its very very very very very dark blue Dougall:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Where did that Brainiac episode go where the "I can do science me" guy discovers why belly button fluff is blue...

From what I remember its because most clothes have blue fibres in them which accumulate in your belly button hence the fluff is blue. The brainiac guy then wears red clothes for a day and at the end of it he find red fluff in his belly button... So its to do with the clothes you wear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Squ

Blue????
    Mine is green.. I've not had a green teeshirt since my ma bought me a tmnt tee years ago!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

When I wear red t-shirts I have red fluff so it is colour of your clothes. Look at the fluff of a dryer, it's nearly always navy/grey/blue.

Ginger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

How come nobody has holes in their t-shirts around the belly button region from losIng all the fluff to the belly button?

I call shenanigans!!

• Advertisement

frag420 wrote: »
    How come nobody has holes in their t-shirts around the belly button region from losIng all the fluff to the belly button?

I call shenanigans!!

Nail on the head.

There once was a belly button whose fluff was blue as blue could be. One day a spider came along and said THAT FLUFF BELONGS TO ME . So I kicked him in the knee. He.He.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I sometimes get freaked out when I have worn a red tshirt the previous day and while in the shower I see red belly fluff. I have to double check that I haven't sprung a leak :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bellylint

I am blue??? only when I am cold brother or sad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

chin_grin wrote: »

$20 Muck that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

the belly button fluff is really just bum fluff that migrated north for the summer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

It's just microfibres that come off the material because of the hair on your belly. I recommend you shave a big circle around your belly button :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

smash wrote: »
    It's just microfibres that come off the material because of the hair on your belly. I recommend you shave a big circle around your belly button :D

Its not just the belly though that causes belly button fluff, hair gets moved up from below the belly button as well as down from above it.

So are your undwerwear blue op?

It is all caused by the hair though, I suggest complete body waxing to resolve your problem OP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭Paco Rodriguez

You can save it up and knit a nice blue jumper for yourself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

phill106 wrote: »

Wtf! A wiki on how to wash yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

smash wrote: »

How come I never hear of armpit fluff then??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Mines is always blue also but then again i do predominantly wear blue t-shirts so i guess thats why its blue.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,624 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Whatever you do don't unscrew your belly button, otherwise your bum will fall off.

And don't undo the knot either

I'm an inny by the way do outies even get fluff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Blue jocks? Fluff travels ya know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Another unexplained phenomenon I have encountered regularly is after a heavy booze session, I ALWAYS wake up the next morning with dirt under my fingernails. It's not that I'd be crawling around the ground when I'm drunk, and they don't have that distinctive smell of ahem....fun times.......so how the hell do they get so dirty?

Another unexplained phenomenon I have encountered regularly is after a heavy booze session, I ALWAYS wake up the next morning with dirt under my fingernails. It's not that I'd be crawling around the ground when I'm drunk, and they don't have that distinctive smell of ahem....fun times.......so how the hell do they get so dirty?
    Stop scratching your arse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I've developed a fear of bellybuttons...

My roommate stuck his finger in his, kept it there for ages, then stuck it under my nose when I was watching tv. Wiped it all over my upper lip....I'll never forget the smell.

Why do they smell? Mine doesn't, that I know, and I've never had fluff in it either. I know I'm a girl but my other roommate is a girl and she's always on about hers...

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I've developed a fear of bellybuttons...

My roommate stuck his finger in his, kept it there for ages, then stuck it under my nose when I was watching tv. Wiped it all over my upper lip....I'll never forget the smell.

Why do they smell? Mine doesn't, that I know, and I've never had fluff in it either. I know I'm a girl but my other roommate is a girl and she's always on about hers...
    I'm guessing they don't wash a lot.

• Advertisement

Johro wrote: »
    I'm guessing they don't wash a lot.

They do, smelly bellybutton guy showers every morning, and sometimes in the evening as well! Just constantly has a smellybutton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

syndeyfife wrote: »
    They do, smelly bellybutton guy showers every morning, and sometimes in the evening as well! Just constantly has a smellybutton.

He has a bacterial infection - very common in people with 'deep innies'. Send him a pharmacist/GP.

He probably needs to dry it fully after showering.

Btw, if he tries that thing with the smellybutton finger again, kick him in the nuts ffs.
    Ew.

Johro wrote: »
    Btw, if he tries that thing with the smellybutton finger again, kick him in the nuts ffs.
    Ew.

Oh I did, But he does krav maga and had me pinned and at the mercy of said smellybutton finger in seconds....

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

I don't think the people with hairless bellies understand this at all, it's got nothing to do with washing yourself, it's the hairs around the bellybutton that pull bits of fabric in during the day while you are active and the t-shirt is rubbing over and back through the belly hairs.

It only takes a couple of hours for the buildup!!

Smells index finger

As an energy saving device lay down in the garden and allow nesting birds to remove the fluff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Why is it always blue and I only wear black TShirts.

Do you have a blue towel?

No white and black ones.

No white and black ones.

Oh really and what does white and black make?........

• Advertisement
Advertisement