Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citylink express bus to Limerick & Cork

Options
  • 06-06-2012 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭

fyi, from 18 June, Citylink are doing 1:30 to Limerick, and 2:50 to Cork.

Not clear yet whether their existing timetable is changing, of if these are all extra services.

Their website's not updated yet, but there's an ad on page 9 of the Galway Indo, and a press-release in my inbox (copy over here)

Their PR says six services a day, the Indo ad says five.

My summary is here.

Happy travels.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Due North

Will that service be stopping in Ennis do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Due North wrote: »
    Will that service be stopping in Ennis do you know?
    I strongly doubt it. I don't think there was a mention of an Ennis stop in the Advertiser today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Is there a demand for an express bus to Limerick or Cork?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I'd imagine it's the same service... just without the other stops, ie, Galwya - Limerick - Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tiramisu

It's a pity they have introduced this express service and cut out all of the stops. I have been using their excellent service every weekend for the past four years from Oranmore to Cork, and will now have to go into the GMIT for pick up and drop off, which is an awkward spot for people to park up and wait for the bus. I think they may lose customers over this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

I got a hold of the Express Galway-Limrick-Cork Timetable

Express stops are Galway - GMIT (pickup only) - Limerick (Henry St) - Limerick (Raheen) - Cork ((Dropoff only) St Patricks Quay)) - Cork Airport (Main Terminal)

Timewise they start are 06:30, 08:30, 11:30, 14:30, 17:30 and finally 19:30

Travel time (from stop to stop)
    Galway: Start
    GMIT (pickup only): +00:05
    Limerick (Henry St): +01:15
    Limerick (Raheen): +00:10
    Cork ((Dropoff only) St Patricks Quay)): +01:20
    Cork Airport (Main Terminal): +00:20

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ans Blix

Reserved for Returns (i'll do during work later :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

That looks real nasty for people travelling from the likes of Oranmore. There's no stop. What's your option, bus eireann? I know they have a direct non-stop bus from Galway to Limerick. But if you want to be picked up from Oranmore, it looks like the bus with all the stops including Ennis and Shannon. Same thing coming back. Thats over four hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Ans Blix wrote: »
    Reserved for Returns (i'll do during work later :) )

Or you could just look at the version here, or on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

How is this different from what they had before?
    I'm about 97% sure the Citylink I got to Cork in February only made a couple of stops along the way... what am I missing here?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Citylink have had a few cracks at the Galway Cork route in the past and even did Galway Shannon. Citylink or more likely Gobus should consider a 'txt' stop Express Bus that will stop or drop off onroute if a txt request is received from a registered user on their website. I know lots of people in eg Athlone who would salivate at such a service.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    Citylink have had a few cracks at the Galway Cork route in the past and even did Galway Shannon. Citylink or more likely Gobus should consider a 'txt' stop Express Bus that will stop or drop off onroute if a txt request is received from a registered user on their website. I know lots of people in eg Athlone who would salivate at such a service.
    Eh what about the majority of people who use from Galway because of its express nature? It would put me off completely if i know every next town will have a stop, there is already the commuter service and Bus Eireann for those less well off service wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

That looks real nasty for people travelling from the likes of Oranmore. There's no stop. What's your option, bus eireann? I know they have a direct non-stop bus from Galway to Limerick. But if you want to be picked up from Oranmore, it looks like the bus with all the stops including Ennis and Shannon. Same thing coming back. Thats over four hours.

Or catch the 410 into GMIT, and pick up the express bus there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You would know which buses were express and which were maybe express maybe not depending like.!!

It would be written on them :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You would know which buses were express and which were maybe express maybe not depending like.!!

It would be written on them :D
    But sure thats how it is already, the reason they are successful is mainly because of the express service, therefore minimising the amount of them isnt going to benefit them in any way that i can see, the limited commuter service does the job you are suggesting, not all the time obviously but the larger markets are Galway and Dublin and not the regional towns en-route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

It's ten minutes into town to/from Oranmore...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 389 ✭✭Jamey

Good idea with Express to Cork.

When I was regularly travelling Galway-Cork and vice versa the bus would go off the motorway at Crusheen and stop in that village and not once did I ever see anyone get on or off at that stop. Would have to take the back road then to Gort rather than flying straight up the motorway.

Advertisement