Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**Higher Level English Paper 2 2012 - Before/After

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Anyone have any idea about what to study for Wuthering Heights? The other ones we did were Casablanca and The Great Gatsby.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dmcb123

''Describe Hamlet''.. He is an absolute ballbag -- A1

Oedipus complex, he wants to ride his mother with his ballbag -A0

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hailey123

I think ill manage today ...maybe

Ive learned plath and heaney (barely) , studying rich right now just in case
    Ive learned GV+V and theme (ultimate sacrifice) is what we learned
    And for Hamlet...Antic disposition, Role of Women and Deception (kinda).

I think the hardest will deffinitly be the poetry since I know plath well but the others are just bullet points really :( Does anyone else think anything else will come up throughout the whole paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

dmcb123 wrote: »
    Oedipus complex, he wants to ride his mother with his ballbag -A0

After googling that, mind is blown.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 dmcb123

I'm telling you throw that in an essay if your discussing him and gertrude! Bitches love the oedipus complex :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

dmcb123 wrote: »
    I'm telling you throw that in an essay if your discussing him and gertrude! Bitches love the oedipus complex :)

That's not a bad idea ;). Do not know why I'm repeating this paper though :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭cocopopsxx

Surely they can't leave out all of rich, Larkin and Plath can they? one is bound to come up, isn't it? Oh god have mercy! :( :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭ScareGilly

Already failed Paper 1 I'd say.... And all I've studied for paper 2 is Plath, Deception, role of women and Claudius for Hamlet, and I haven't done a comparative yet...

How screwed am I? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

ScareGilly wrote: »
    Already failed Paper 1 I'd say.... And all I've studied for paper 2 is Plath, Deception, role of women and Claudius for Hamlet, and I haven't done a comparative yet...

The comparitive is actually quite easy to study and do well in. You just have to constantly and I mean constantly relate to the question and describe the impact your studies made on you, you can do a B answer by just writing dribble and relating to the question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

you'll be grand, when you get your results you'll be surprised.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

You'll be ok with Plath I reckon.

I'd say delete your history or you might get some weird looks around the gaff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Fergus_

Went over Rich, Plath and Heaney and went over some comparative notes and walked around my house like a madman screaming out Hamlet quotes (I'm alone, it k)

I'm confident :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭Lago

I haven't studied anything except poetry because it brought me down so far in the mocks and I've only done three poets. Still, I'm feeling oddly confident, seriously you'll be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭treely

If I'm sitting in that exam hall in 2 and a bit hours, and ovenhead isnt on the paper, I think I may just die.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Wiirdo

Can anyone help with my comparitive? I need links between Wuthering Heights, Casablance and The Great Gatsby.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 xcorina

Larkin , A comparative question on key moments and Enduring appeal of Hamlet and I WILL JIZZ

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Bubbleope

hoping for a nice simple hamlet q.
    lit gen
    and
    heaney or plath cause they're the only one's i'm properly prepared for. ):
    i can't do this english studying anymore. wrecking my head! :eek:

can't wait to get this paper outta the way. even if i do do badly. /: idc anymore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

I really need:
    Lies, deception, false appearances or women for Hamlet
    General Vision and Viewpoint
    Plath or Larkin

I'm usually pretty lucky so I hope these come up, although if things go wrong they usually go horribly wrong. Let's hope that doesn't happen. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Britney_Spears

If Heaney doesn't come up I'm truly screwed! Barely know kinsella! Hamlet and comparative should be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hayezer

Anyone done Dancing at Lughnasa as single text? Any predictions? Just opened it there and realised I know none of it :L :L

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭finality

Comparative

2012 GV LG
    2011 TI CC
    2010 GV LG
    2009 TI CC

If this happens they're repeating this pattern again... for this reason I think theme or issue is coming up.

Could be wrong though! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

Single text: Hamlet
    Comparative: Emma, As You Like It, Dancing At Lughnasa

Anyone else doing these?

finality wrote: »
    Comparative

2012 GV LG
    2011 TI CC
    2010 GV LG
    2009 TI CC

If this happens they're repeating this pattern again... for this reason I think theme or issue is coming up.

Could be wrong though! :)

true, and considering that GV and TI have never ever come up together...I think LG may be coming up next year..

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Ajireland95

The poetry really has me worried! i know plath, kavanagh well and larkin sketchily but i cant seem to learn rich or heaney at all, they're in one ear, out the other.

The comparitive should be 'alright' for me, i did a dools house, inside i'm dancin and this boy's life

Hamlet- ah sure, it'll be grand.... as long dramatic scene doesn't come up :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12 nayrneleh

Heaney/Plath/Kavanagh
    The role of women in Hamlet/Hamlet as a complex character
    General vision and viewpoint

If these don't come up, I am absolutely ****ed.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 mockgenius

Hayezer wrote: »
    Anyone done Dancing at Lughnasa as single text? Any predictions? Just opened it there and realised I know none of it :L :L

I'm the exact same. I'll just make something up on the spot as I'd usually get at least a C by doing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭irish_man

Any way of finding out what poets came up? My uncle is supervising it and I'm tempted to give him a text but I know I shouldn't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

irish_man wrote: »
    Any way of finding out what poets came up? My uncle is supervising it and I'm tempted to give him a text but I know I shouldn't.

Text him! I am mad to know as well!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The 'OMG that was so easy I was finished in an hour' gang should be out soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement