Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Date of payment for reader?

• 06-06-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭

Hi, currently reading for a student for the exams. Just wondering if the pay for this comes in next paycheque, or in September? I've heard both from different people.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

bearhugs wrote: »
    Hi, currently reading for a student for the exams. Just wondering if the pay for this comes in next paycheque, or in September? I've heard both from different people.
    Neither . The school pays you. Usually before end of June. You will still be taxed and levied as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭bearhugs

Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭Zizigirl

Think it depends whether you are in a department school or a VEC and then which VEC. We get paid by CDVEC and usually it comes in July wages but sometimes August.

Zizigirl wrote: »
    Think it depends whether you are in a department school or a VEC and then which VEC. We get paid by CDVEC and usually it comes in July wages but sometimes August.
    And ours is a DEpt school

• Registered Users Posts: 11 westernmyth

how much do readers get paid for the exams........ is it hourly or

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 525 ✭✭✭vamos!

You get paid per session. Rate is around 56 per exam. Good money for short exams. Not so much for Leaving Certs. You have to be on the premises from 8:30 and students with access to a special centre often have an extra 20 mins to allow for breaks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 574 ✭✭✭bdoo

Paid per exam about €50 gross

The pay is per day not per exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

km79 wrote: »

This has changed this year and rate of pay is now per exam.

Rates are also less than in previous years.

km79 wrote: »

This has changed this year and rate of pay is now per exam.

Rates are also less than in previous years.
    Oh right sorry about that.
    It's a fairer system so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

€56 per exam session.
    I'm getting 17 sessions so works out at just over €1k.
    Will be lucky to clear €500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

t
    €56 per exam session.
    I'm getting 17 sessions so works out at just over €1k.
    Will be lucky to clear €500

Is it €56 per session? I thought it was around that for the first session on any day and then around €40 for a second session on that day - bringing the new daily total for two sessions to less than the old daily rate of pay.

It's supposed to be in Department Circular 24/2012 but as far as I can see that hasn't been published yet on the website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

That's what I was told by the person in charge of the centers in our school.
    I wouldn't bother for €40 per session, would work out at €20 net for 2.5 - 3 hours. Would rather be on the couch

Advertisement