Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Catalyst Control Center

Options
  • 06-06-2012 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I have a problem with Catalyst Control Center. It was installed last week as part of some Windows/HP updates. It claims that it will improve the display performance on my laptop but in reality it has f**ked it up! (fonts, video, screen size all changed, tried to configure CCC but no improvement)

I have been searching the web to gather information regarding removing this programme but to no avail. Can anyone please advise how I can return to my previous settings prior to Catalyst Control Center?

My laptop spec ....

HP EliteBook 8530p

Windows Vista Business SP2

32-bit OS

Intel Core2 Duo CPU T9400@2.53GHz

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

http://www.oldversion.com/

CCC sometimes drops dud updates, so I'm usually slow enough to accept them(let somebody else be ATI's guinea pig) but its really shouldnt totally screw your system. The settings are probably just all wrong.

Use windows display settings to force maximum resolution and standard DPI and work from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Slipper1

Thanks for the feedback.

Is it possible to uninstall CCC?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I've been updating CCC for ages and not been touching the MSI drivers, well arent I a silly boy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Slipper1, can you check if you got the driver update from HP or from windows update?

AFAIK laptop GPU drivers are specific to the manufacturer because of heat limitations etc. And the basic ones from AMD might not work, unless they have a modded inf file. Might be better off uninstalling and getting the latest HP ones specifically for your laptop.

Advertisement